CapCut is a video editor that allows users to create or edit short videos on their mobile devices. It is a free mobile app specifically launched by TikTok’s parent company ByteDance, to provide basic and some advanced level video editing features to the users. It not only allows users to add stickers, filters, and effects in the video but also lets them add songs into them as the app has quite a big music library of exclusive copyrighted songs. CapCut is available on both iOS and Android and users can easily download the app from their respective app stores to make their videos especially TikTok videos to look more polished and professional.
People who create videos on TikTok know that how basic editing features they get on the popular social media app. You can add some filters, sounds, and texts to the videos you create on TikTok. Besides these features, there isn’t much you can add to your videos. To get an advanced-level editing suite, you need to download the CapCut app from Play Store or App Store. It has all tools for trimming clips, adjusting brightness, and a lot of unique editing tools. Following are some of the unique features of the app.
- Chroma Key (This feature remove the background colors to give a green screen effect to the users)
- Auto Captions (With this feature, you can change the voice-over into subtitles)
- Body Effects (It puts an emoji face on the subject’s head which tracks the subject movements)
By using such a powerful editing feature, you can create some creative short videos for TikTok or YouTube shorts.
How to Use CapCut Video Editor
If you don’t know how to use the CapCut mobile app then the following steps will help you to get started.
- After launching the app, tap on the ‘new project” to start editing the video.
- A new screen will pop up with all the videos from your camera gallery.
- Choose any video from the gallery that you want to edit.
- After that, CapCut will direct you towards the primary workspace where you will use different tools to edit your video. There is a preview panel as well where you can see the preview of the edited clip.
- Once you’re done with editing the video, you can export it to social media sites like WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook. It also gives the option of uploading the video directly on TikTok which isn’t surprising as ByteDance wants the TikTok community to use the CapCut video editor for their creations.
Pros and Cons of CapCut Video Editor
There are some pros and cons of the app that you should know about. Some of them are given below.
- Mobile-friendly interface
- Free and easy to use
- Impressive library of stock sounds and music
- Only a 15-minute video limit
- No option for 3D editing
How to Run CapCut Video Editor on PC
As you know CapCut is a mobile app and can only be used on Android or iOS devices. To use it on your PC, you have to use some kind of emulator that lets you use mobile apps on your PC. When talking about emulators, there is one name that comes in the mind “Bluestacks”. Bluestacks is the best platform for using Android mobile apps on PC. It is designed to enable users to use Android applications on their Windows PC or macOS. If you want to run CapCut for PC then you need to install Bluestacks on your PC and you can do it by following the steps given below.
- First, install Bluestacks on your PC.
- Once installed, run the Bluestacks emulator.
- After that, complete the sign-in process to access the Google Play Store.
- After signing in, search for CapCut video editor and install it on your PC.
- Once the installations process gets completed, click on CapCut video editor on the home screen to start using the app.
CapCut Video Editor is the best option for the creators of TikTok. Yes, it has some limitations but if you’re looking for a free and convenient video editing app on mobile then CapCut is perfect for you to create quality videos for your target audience.