CNIC is regarded as an identity card where it is issued by the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) of Pakistan. When it comes to identity cards, there are two types of it in Pakistan, i.e. SNIC and CNIC. CNIC is regarded as the Urdu version of the computerized card and SNIC is regarded as the initial national electronic identity card of Pakistan.
The card is compulsory for issuing a Pakistani passport, voting, issuing a driving license in Pakistan, buying a train or plane ticket, buying a SIM card for the mobile phone, taking water, gas, and electricity, opening and using the bank accounts, buying land and vehicle, operating important financial transactions, and taking admission in college and other PG colleges. All-in-all, the identity card plays a major role for Pakistanis to have a normal social life.
It is mandatory that all of the adult citizens in Pakistan should register for the CNIC, which is at the age of 18 where the CNIC has a unique number. The CNIC makes sure to authenticate the identity of the citizens of Pakistanis.
Before CNIC, the NIC’s (National Identity Cards) were issued to the Pakistanis but now the government has put forward the SNIC (Smart National Identity Card). There is basic information written in the SNIC card like the given name, father’s name, country of stay, gender, date of issue, date of expiry, date of birth, identity number, photo of the person, and holder’s signature.
Now, individuals can apply for NADRA identity card i.e. Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) through an online portal.
What is the process to apply for NADRA online CNIC?
By applying online, individuals will not have to wait for long hours at the NADRA centers.
The application can be done easily with the below way.
- You should go to the NADRA official website and create an account with a valid email address.
- After the account has been created, for verification, a PIN code will be sent to the registered mobile number and also to the email address.
- Click on the provided link in the email or message to enter the PIN code
- After the verification through the PIN has been done, login should be done to the account
- Check the Terms and Conditions and then click on the accept button which will then lead you to the service page
- Click on CNIC for the identity card and then start filling out the application form.
- Follow the steps and click on next
- Upload your photo
- After you have filled out the application form, print out the copy of the form and then get it attested by the grade 17 officer
- Upload the same application copy online
- For the smart card, the processing fee for online application is Rs 750 and for the normal card it is Rs 560
- A confirmation call will be received from NADRA in two days after the attested form has been uploaded