where does hl2 take place?

S

sadman

when i first played hl1 i thought wow cool black mesa my dad grew up around there so do thay ever say where hl2 took place cause i would like to know if its a real place too

S

sadman

thanks i hope hl3 will be a real place too guess we will findout in 2010

Para

Reaction score
Somewhere in Eastern Europe, exact location is very close to impossible to find.

Mad-Larkin

Reaction score
how about its not real at all, its a generic city they made up. apparently in easten europe, but ur not gonna find it, cos it ain't there

A

Amorphous

Mad-Larkin said:
how about its not real at all, its a generic city they made up. apparently in easten europe, but ur not gonna find it, cos it ain't there
Actually I read a while back that people actually figured out it was somewhere in Russia.

jimmyjam

Reaction score
it's not anywhere
yes, people showed that the view from the citadel is st. petersburg, but it doesn't look like st. petersburg from the ground and there are other things that point to other places

AJ Rimmer

Tank
Reaction score
Gotham city, Springfield TA and City 17 are all generic cities.

jimmyjam

Reaction score
these are the same people who sometimes can't admit to batman AFTER 65 YEARS

jcs224

Reaction score
Wow...old thread

Seeing a mixture of American-style English, but metric highway speed signs, along with white dotted lines on the highway, originally led me to believe it either took place in Canada or the developers weren't careful when they were designing that stuff. Eastern-European is as definite an answer we're going to get.

Drackard

Tank
Reaction score
Thanks Sherlock. I'll be sure to let the people of 6 years ago know this!

Barnz

Retired Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
I MUST BUMP THIS OLD THREAT TO STATE THE OBVIOUS!

*a true internet hero*

Reaction score
How are people digging these things up?

A 6 year resurrection right there.

function9

Spy
Reaction score
How are people digging these things up?

A 6 year resurrection right there.
Was wondering the same thing. Between this and the real headcrab thread. But it is a good thing he resurrected it, without him I don't think anyone would've known the events of HL2 took place somewhere in Eastern Europe. Cheers Mr. jcs224!

Isn't there a way with vBulletin to lock threads after x amount of time?

sharkyshu

Hunter
Reaction score
Eastern Europe , there are parts from Sofia , Bulgaria , the art-designer Viktor Antonov is from Bulgaria , so ....

Reaction score
Yeah, he is Bulgarian, but he didn't base the entire city on Sofia solely.. there are parts that resemble western Europe too. So it is really tough to point out an exact region.

Anyways
Da jivee Antonov. :)

Story

Reaction score
Mark Gillespie made some good poimnts on the commentary that it might be in Odessa,Ukraine but obviously it can't be sure.

Rizzo

Tank
Reaction score
You guys know shit.

It's obviously taken place in sweden. Just look at the gas tanks. Why else whould the currency be swedish? Hm? Come on. Also, I think I saw my appartment in Red letter day.