What was Breen talking to? (SPOILERS)

V

Venom404

Near the end of the game, as you are chasing Breen in the citadel, you see him talking to some....creature (looked big and green) via computer. He mentions some words such as "host" and "I won't survive in that" and so forth (I can't really remember what he said).

Does anyone have any ideas on what that thing is and what they were talking about?

Pauly

Tank
Reaction score
Its a giant slug type creature. This thing is the brains behind the combine force. Combine advisior is what he is called. I have the strat guide thats how I know.

S

Snorri

Breen was the leader of the interim government on Earth (kinda like the crap Iraq has atm), acting on the behalf of the ailien race which attacked Earth through the Black Mesa portals opened by Freeman 10 years ago. The humans fought a full-scale war against them, but lost that in 7 hours. Hence the term "The 7 hour war", which you can see references to in Eli's lab. I think that creature was the ailien leader, and god knows what the **** they were talking about. "I won't survive in that" -> My best guess is the ailien told him to take the teleporter. But who knows.

Btw, the reason why he seems big is because the screen was big. :p

S

SlipgateSlider

You can also see the Combine Advisor on the screen early in the game when Dr. Kleiner's pet head humper interferes with the teleportation sequence and you end up in Breen's office. Doesn't really reveal anything new about their nature but tis something interesting I noticed the second time playing through that level.