What language is HL2 from Steam if I live in Japan?

Kazreal

Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
I have Windows XP with multilanguage (Japanese / English)
installed, and I live in Japan.

Is localization only doen by Vivendi, and the Steam version will only be in English, or is there a way that Steam can determine
what language is appropriate for you? (for example, steam language settings...)

BONUS QUESTION IF YOU ACT NOW!!

Does anyone know how to report a bug with Steam (the is an apparent bud with Japanese language settings...)?
 

aeroripper

Tank
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
1,234
Reaction score
0
I would e-mail this question to valve they'd be able to answer it good
 

Shuzer

Newbie
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
8,703
Reaction score
0
HL2 preloads assets for your region according to your language settings. HL2 will launch in Japanese if your language is set to Japanese.
 

YellowPeril

Newbie
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Shuzer said:
HL2 preloads assets for your region according to your language settings. HL2 will launch in Japanese if your language is set to Japanese.
this is correct. gabe answered an email from a spanish guy, and he told the guy to make sure that his steam language settings are on spanish so the game preloads spanish media. i assume that it is the same with japanese.
 

UKchaos2

Newbie
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
462
Reaction score
0
You choose the langauge yourself.

Go to Settings->Language
 
T

therealfreeman

Guest
I live in hong kong
I hope it have chinese subtitle
 

Kazreal

Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
It will be released in Traditional and Simplified Chinese, according to the press release...The E3 demo showed the G-man speaking Chinese, but the fact that they mentioned Traditional and Simplified Chinese makes me think it will be subtitled (in Mandarin/Simplified and Taiwan/Traditional) I guess.
 

rAdIOhEaD

Newbie
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
474
Reaction score
0
Kore wa Sugoi desu ne?! sugoi sugoi!!

sorry, couldn`t resist... :farmer:
 
T

therealfreeman

Guest
my english is very bad,i can't read many words
so i don't know all the half life 2 things...........................
 

The Monkey

The Freeman
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
16,317
Reaction score
14
You semm to know english pretty well. An english version of Half-Life 2 shouldn't be any problem.
 

Kazreal

Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
therealfreeman: You can change your settings in "Steam" so that they
are in Chinese so it is easier to read if you like. (right click on the steam icon, and choose "settings", and then the language tab on the far right you can choose Traditional or Simplified Chinese)...guessing Simplified...
 

rAdIOhEaD

Newbie
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
474
Reaction score
0
Kazreal said:
Radiohead: You aren't from Shibuya, are you? :))
haha no, boku wa nihonjin janai!

But I wanted to ask you something, How is the Hype for Half Life 2 over there?

I mean, it`s a tough Market for wetern games, Japan People should be more Hyped about the next Date Simulator or something... :E
 
T

therealfreeman

Guest
i don't know english,i want to know in the game,what are they say,so i hope it have chinese subtitle
 
T

therealfreeman

Guest
i hope i can buy the gold box
HK has not many gold box..............someone say
 

Kazreal

Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
No, I asked if you were from Shibuya as sarcasm ;)
The girls there always say "Kore wa Sugoi desu ne?! sugoi sugoi!! "
I was just teasin' ya...

Finally, these types of games are making inroads here, for example Doom3 was here, but It's certainly not going to be as big as in the states, You are right, the date simulator will win! Why is that? see below..

The funniest thing in Tokyo now? In Akihabara, they have all these
Costume Play Cafes, where a cute girl will wait on you in a maid outfit, or some Anime character, etc. The funniest part was a quote from an owner of such an establishment "This isn't prostitution, our clients only fantasize, and aren't interested in having sex with real women!" (Akihabara is where the most hardcore Otakus in Japan hang out, and strangely enough, where I work...)
 

Kazreal

Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
therealfreeman :

If you buy in HongKong, it should come with Chinese subtitles.
 

chriso20

Newbie
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
686
Reaction score
0
Wait so if i only spoke english but lived in hong kong and put "china" as my region i wudnt get to choose english subbies?

SHITE (doesnt bother me but others might have to check it out :))
 

rAdIOhEaD

Newbie
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
474
Reaction score
0
Kazreal said:
No, I asked if you were from Shibuya as sarcasm ;)
The girls there always say "Kore wa Sugoi desu ne?! sugoi sugoi!! "
I was just teasin' ya...

Finally, these types of games are making inroads here, for example Doom3 was here, but It's certainly not going to be as big as in the states, You are right, the date simulator will win! Why is that? see below..

The funniest thing in Tokyo now? In Akihabara, they have all these
Costume Play Cafes, where a cute girl will wait on you in a maid outfit, or some Anime character, etc. The funniest part was a quote from an owner of such an establishment "This isn't prostitution, our clients only fantasize, and aren't interested in having sex with real women!" (Akihabara is where the most hardcore Otakus in Japan hang out, and strangely enough, where I work...)
lol, you got to love that japanese neo-culture :LOL:
at the other hand, It would`t be that bad to see a cute
japanese girl dressed as Lum or Agent Aika :naughty:

edit: typo
 

Kazreal

Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Here, look at this picture, this is what you will see if you choose Simplified Chinese. This is the setting you need to See Halflife2 in Chinese.

After you choose Simplified Chinese, you must restart Steam.
 
T

therealfreeman

Guest
i know steam can change to chinese but in the game,i can't,i just can see the eng.
 

sublidieminal

Newbie
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
719
Reaction score
0
Kazreal said:
It will be released in Traditional and Simplified Chinese, according to the press release...The E3 demo showed the G-man speaking Chinese, but the fact that they mentioned Traditional and Simplified Chinese makes me think it will be subtitled (in Mandarin/Simplified and Taiwan/Traditional) I guess.
They added japanese to steam a while ago.
 

Kazreal

Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
therealfreeman:

Are you talking about counter strike: source, or original Halflife?
 
T

therealfreeman

Guest
Kazreal said:
Are you talking about counter strike: source, or original Halflife?
i don't know why all games are eng.........
but my steam is cht...............
just cz can have chinese?
 

Kazreal

Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
No, original Halflife was not available in Chinese, but Halflife2 is, if you set steam to Chinese.
 

Kazreal

Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
wilka91 said:
日本人ですか。
僕ですか?ちょっと待って、確認します...

日本人...ではないんです

以上です

ワイワイ
 

rAdIOhEaD

Newbie
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
474
Reaction score
0
Kazreal said:
僕ですか?ちょっと待って、確認します...

日本人...ではないんです

以上です

ワイワイ
しかし, あなたは 日本語を話す, 日本語は容易でない,

喝采!!! :)
 

noQ

Spy
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
720
Reaction score
0
rAdIOhEaD said:
しかし, あなたは 日本語を話す, 日本語は容易でない,

喝采!!! :)
stop it ! you are making my head explode !
 

Kazreal

Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
samo said:
stop it ! you are making my head explode !
Japanese makes your head explode??
Wow, therealfreeeman , you should try
Chinese, I wonder what that will do to him?
 
Top