VAC Coming Soon

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In an e-mail sent out by Valve's Alfred Reynolds through one of their mailing lists, we can now confirm that Valve's Anti-Cheat software (VAC) is making a return to the Source engine.
VAC is coming to Source, and it will be an updated VAC with additional anti-cheat functionality. We're working on this now.
This is great news as it's only a matter of time before the servers start getting plagued with people cheating and spoiling other people's fun.[br]
[br]
Essentially this will mean that any servers with VAC activated where you are playing Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and other Source engine based games will be a safe and fun place to play.

Dr. Shim

Reaction score
Iway asway aitingway away onglay imetay orfay isthay! Iway amway osay eefulglay. :bounce:

Lemonking

Reaction score
Dr. Shim said:
Iway asway aitingway away onglay imetay orfay isthay! Iway amway osay eefulglay. :bounce:
is their something wrong with my eyes is that not englisch?

T

the bug man

yeah wooooooot about time soon hope not much of a wait.

Alec_85

Reaction score
Chris_D said:
Essentially this will mean that any servers with VAC activated where you are playing Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and other Source engine based games will be a safe and fun place to play.
With some luck ;) Hopefully.

smacky

Reaction score
it would be nice if they update the damn thing from now on, there are tons of cheats working on the VAC they have now..

lePobz

Tank
Reaction score
I don't see why convicted cheaters can't have their steam accounts deleted. They deserve it. If it were up to me i'd bring back the cane.

eAi

Reaction score
Last time they said Soon was when they released the picture of HL2DM about 4 hours before it came out...

E

echoplex

They need to hurry up, cheating is already rampant.

There was a new one released that has aimbot,wallhack etc etc etc

I have seen it used on about 6 servers now that I play on and I hate it :|

croperz

Reaction score
Dr. Shim said:
"I was waiting a long time for this! I am so gleeful"

Me too :)

gegam

Reaction score
croperz said:
"I was waiting a long time for this! I am so gleeful"

Me too :)
only a mater of time son befor vac cheats available also.

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
your signature reflects my reaction to your spelling, gegam.

It'll at least make it harder for them to cheat.

Barnz

Retired Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Audiophile said:
gegam aint got a signature as far as i can see, unless am missing something?

Asuka

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Sweet good news. But they will need to keep updateing it asap. hackers can make new cheats days after a vac update.

Iced_Eagle

Tank
Reaction score
Very nice, I hope they keep on the ball, they don't want their new engine to be hackable via VAC so early!

gegam

Reaction score
Audiophile said:

It'll at least make it harder for them to cheat.
harder yes, definitly. plus all bans need to be permanent.

for example, all cheaters will **** up sometime downloading wronge hack and getting banned permanently they will get rulled out of the cheating pool unless they want to spend 50 bucks again for hl2, therefor, valve benefits, and hte community benefits,

all lawsuits should be dismissed. i dont need a white 60 year old grandpa telling me he understands more about a community his raggidy ass is not a part of.

so harder yes but not hard enough.

Javert

Tank
Reaction score
Without even an estimate of a date, not very informative imo.

CriYam

Reaction score
nutcrackr said:
Soon in valve world translate to a few months yes?
They never said soon, everyone else is saying it.

It's sounds like someone e-mailed valve asking if they were going to have VAC on source and they replied that yes they are.

A date would be news.

Bakurei

Spy
Reaction score
I swear when I started reading this post, a huge bright light came out of my window and some women sang "halleluuja!"

Anyways good to hear it's coming.

Ecthe|ioN

Reaction score
Finally some confirmed information about the anti-cheat. We have been waiting a long time for this :) Thank you vALVE.

SpuD

Reaction score
polyguns said:
cheaters never loose, and only users loose drugs
So cheaters are tight? and users have tight drugs?

lose. :D

poofyfinger

Reaction score
lePobz said:
I don't see why convicted cheaters can't have their steam accounts deleted. They deserve it. If it were up to me i'd bring back the cane.

screw the cane boiz, bring the gold plated crowbar.

_________
POOFYFINGER™
RCMP/GRC

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Noo! That means my Death Haxx won't work anymore? Damn... No more negative scores for me then :p.

TrippyG

Reaction score
This is really great news!!! :) All hacking scum should be banned from steam 4life!!!1 :)

Mountain Man

Reaction score
Raziel-Jcd said:
Sweet good news. But they will need to keep updateing it asap. hackers can make new cheats days after a vac update.
As I understand it, VAC only needs to detect a cheat on a user's account once to flag that user as a cheater. Once a cheater has been flagged, he can be banned from VAC servers.

In other words, VAC doesn't prevent cheats from working online, it simply detects cheats and bans the corresponding account. So it doesn't matter if new "undetectable" cheats come out, the cheaters only have to be caught once.

@

@licomb

Chris_D said:
This is great news as it's only a matter of time before the servers start getting plagued with people cheating and spoiling other people's fun.

So like the last 2 months of people cheating on servers has been nothing more than my imagination? (Speed hacking etc..)

Thankfully I only play on servers I know have good admins, and my own clan server.

G-Dub

Tank
Reaction score
i think that cheaters, who therefore have their accounts banned, should have to pay treble for a new one, although they could just buy a retail copy and register that but you get my jist... justice!