The "Give us Gordon!" Petition...

C

coolgangsta24

Guest
As many of you may already know, there isn't a Gordon Freeman model for HL2 or for HL2 Deathmatch. Well, this petition is to change that. Maybe if enough people sign this petition we can convince Valve to make a Gordon Freeman model, and we can take it from there, modding it into HL2 Deathmatch and other mods.

I was dissapointed when I used the thirdperson cheat and found that there wasn't any model. How can you have an epic without a hero!?!? Anyway, I don't think any model made in the image of Freeman could do it justice. I remember hearing on techtv a while ago that Valve wanted HL and HL2 to be strictly first person, because third person would take away from the experience. But an incomplete story also takes away from the experience.

So, I will be the first among who I hope will be many to sign this petition, and maybe change Valve's mind.

*signs*
 
C

coolgangsta24

Guest
Well, what do you think it was like in the first HL?

Ok, fine, maybe he shouldn't be in HL2 Deathmatch...
 

DevgruSeal

Newbie
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
1,621
Reaction score
2
*sigh* These things are always sad...I think this is just a waste of time...

I think the model really doesn't matter that much. If you want your own Gordon model, have a mod team assemble one for you...
 

`unreal

Newbie
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
Lots of gordons would be better than lots of Star-Wars combines. Perhaps.

Btw, I love to play Garry's Mod online. Once that is properly supported more (if it is) then a choice to be retarded G-Mans AND Gordons would SO OWN :D

Im up for it. Go to www.petitiononline.com to sign one up, your idea so you make it. The 'You smelt it, you delt it' kinda thing.
 

subtlesnake

Newbie
Joined
Jul 2, 2003
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
Perhaps Valve did it to stop the inevitable Gordo platformer mod in it's tracks.
 

`unreal

Newbie
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
I doubt they would want to stop any mods, lol. Well I just remembered one thing, isnt the actual model there? Dont they just need to add a skin and animations?

/confused.
 
Joined
Jul 11, 2003
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
0
I'd certainly like a gordon model for modding purposes, but I don't think the chances of getting it from valve are very high. Oh well.
 

Ennui

The Freeman
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
22,704
Reaction score
112
come on guys you know that petitions don't do shit about this sort of thing...
 

Frank

Newbie
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
2,383
Reaction score
0
coolgangsta24 said:
As many of you may already know, there isn't a Gordon Freeman model for HL2 or for HL2 Deathmatch. Well, this petition is to change that. Maybe if enough people sign this petition we can convince Valve to make a Gordon Freeman model, and we can take it from there, modding it into HL2 Deathmatch and other mods.

I was dissapointed when I used the thirdperson cheat and found that there wasn't any model. How can you have an epic without a hero!?!? Anyway, I don't think any model made in the image of Freeman could do it justice. I remember hearing on techtv a while ago that Valve wanted HL and HL2 to be strictly first person, because third person would take away from the experience. But an incomplete story also takes away from the experience.

So, I will be the first among who I hope will be many to sign this petition, and maybe change Valve's mind.

*signs*
:rolleyes:
 

CriYam

Newbie
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
415
Reaction score
1
Just color a combine orange, that should be close enough.

Or if you're feeling up to it, copy the model from hl1.
 

subtlesnake

Newbie
Joined
Jul 2, 2003
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
`unreal said:
I doubt they would want to stop any mods, lol. Well I just remembered one thing, isnt the actual model there? Dont they just need to add a skin and animations?
/confused.
As far as I know there is no model.
 

Absinthe

The Freeman
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
14,040
Reaction score
26
You're not supposed to play the god damn game in thirdperson, so why the **** would they even bother to waste their resources making a model you're never supposed to see?
 

Kakashi

Spy
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
627
Reaction score
2
You play as the character, as in your in his body and you see what he sees. There is no use to make a model, it'd be a waste of resources and time.
 
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Oh come on... What about mods where "Gordon" is in?... Like etc Azure sheep :p... Other things like that....
 

sfc_hoot

Newbie
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
HL2DM seems to be about the Combine/Resistance war.... seeing a squad of "Gordons" running around would feel weird. Still, it would be funny. :p
 

Lemonking

Newbie
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
2,021
Reaction score
0
HLDM isnt that cool anyway they should make Models for CSS :imu:
 

sup2069

Spy
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
219
Reaction score
0
sfc_hoot said:
HL2DM seems to be about the Combine/Resistance war.... seeing a squad of "Gordons" running around would feel weird. Still, it would be funny. :p
haha :LOL:


I agree that it would of wasted time making a model. I believe valve wants us to make our own gordon.
 

`unreal

Newbie
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
subtlesnake said:
As far as I know there is no model.
I mean, the third-view/HL2 MP model. That model that only has a grey cloudy featureless skin - looks suspisciously like Gordon when i saw it, but I could always be wrong. Mods will be cool, but Valve could probably do it most accurately. Isn't the dude Gordon based on a real man, like Kliener and Eli? If so, they could definately make it better than most modders.

HL2DM with an army of gordons would rule. In fact, let's have every character for it :D including striders :D:D
 

Jay9475

Newbie
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Guys somebody already did this, in fact I use the thing so that in single player when I die I see Gordon's body ragdoll.

It's not for DM though but I think it'd be very esy to make it DM compatible, in fact It's probably as simple as dropping the files into the right folder,

-J
 

corkscru74

Newbie
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
265
Reaction score
0
They should add the Gordon model so that I'll finally have a shadow....and some feet too!
 

MuToiD_MaN

The Freeman
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
4,513
Reaction score
227
corkscru74 said:
They should add the Gordon model so that I'll finally have a shadow....and some feet too!
I agree. How can I consider myself "immersed" into a world if I can't even perceive my own presence in the world! Sure everyone looks and talks in your direction, but you don't even cast a shadow on them. And a floating camera can't stomp down on a breakable crate!
 
Top