Small Problem in Half Life: Source

M

Mirror Image

Note, I have not touched the console commands in any way shape or form. This is happening right out of the box, I only started the game.

So my problem is, I can't see my weapons. Now I may be crazy, but I remember seeing the crowbar in my hands in Half Life for the PS2. All I see is nothing when holding the crowbar, and just the croshair when I use my gun. I haven't gotten much farther than my first gun, because, well, I like seeing my weapons.

A

adaox

maybe reinstall the game or something?
is your game updated well?

i know i had some problems with my guns, but they were visible, but flickering, if u know what i mean.
en that was because i was playing on software and not at open gl :p
but i don't think it's the same reason for half-life.

DevgruSeal

Reaction score
Try starting a new game again?

Also try verifying your GCF files.

Right click Half-Life: Source in the STEAM Games container, click Properties, then goto the Local Files tab, and click the "Verfiy integrity of game cache..." button..

M

Mirror Image

I did all of those.

I still has no guns. :(

Edit: I set the console command thirdperson. I am not sure what that does, but I assume I'd get a third person view of Gordon. I saw nothing. It appears as if I am invisible.

kacation_man

Reaction score
you have half life 2? wait till BMS! not really a fix... but whatever.

M

Mirror Image

Yes I have HL2, but I'd rather not wait a year and a half for BM.

I tried impulse 200. Nothing.

Que-Ever

Reaction score
Well, if you're doing thirdperson, that probably the problem :/

Sparda

Reaction score
Try thirdperson then turn your flashlight on then you should see Gordon, then type firstperson and see what that dose.

Mesz

Reaction score
Just go into firstperson that should solve your problem, why did you wnat to go into third person anyway? It takes the whole meaning of FPS away......