Screenshots(! ! !)

Bad^Hat

The Freeman
Reaction score
I built an underground tree farm and the first few that popped up were literally just 4 blocks of wood with no leaves. Log back in later and suddenly they have foliage.

Yeah, it's a bug.

YROC

Formerly Hokey McSmokey
Reaction score
Not even a full stack of tnt was able to take it down. I only dropped it a few levels.

YROC

Formerly Hokey McSmokey
Reaction score
BECAUSE IT BLOCKS THE VIEW OF THE PYRAMID. I'LL REBUILD THREE SQUARES TO THE LEFT.

Bad^Hat

The Freeman
Reaction score
KA did you really build that because it looks suspiciously like a corrupted chunk C/D

Vegeta897

Banned as all ****
Reaction score
That's what I thought until I just looked at it closer this time, and I don't think dirt would appear like that inside of a cave.

MuToiD_MaN

The Freeman
Reaction score
Yeah it might not be a cave at all, but rather a mountain overhang. My area had them.

Bad^Hat

The Freeman
Reaction score
More to the point, does a single chunk like that "know" what's it's supposed to be a part of, or is it just an errant fragment without a purpose?

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS

MuToiD_MaN

The Freeman
Reaction score
It might not be perfect. I think the level generation usually knows how to continue seamlessly from a chunk in one direction and therefore every chunk has at least ONE normal edge, but that chunk looks like it isn't a continuation of anything.

EDIT: Actually it doesn't even look like a whole chunk! I thought they were bigger.

Bad^Hat

The Freeman
Reaction score
Same size as the one that popped up in Morgan/Alex's place.

YROC

Formerly Hokey McSmokey
Reaction score

yyyeeeeaaaaahhhhh

Everyone in the chat was hatin.

YROC

Formerly Hokey McSmokey
Reaction score
What did you use to film?

Pi Mu Rho

ValveTime Admin | Enemy of fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Just Fraps.

The server was lagging so badly earlier that, when I managed to reconnect, I saw myself.

Oh hi there, me! What're you up to?

Ohhh, the stuff I was doing 10 minutes ago? Nice!

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Finally you guys get to experience what I experienced on Hokey's server before I swapped out my ethernet card. Disconnects, inventory resets(I had a shitton of those), location resets... seeing myself when I came back in.

Muahahaha.

But seriously, I hope they fix the lag issues soon. They say they're known, and doing something about it, but we'll see. I've been getting steadily demoralized about the whole thing.

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
how did you build the structure under water Pi? or did you build it and then flood the area?

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
I built the basic frame underwater, then filled it with dirt, then hollowed it out.

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
sounds painstakingly slow ..but what else ya gonna do in minecraft? pretty nice set up you have there

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
It's getting there. I'm keeping it subtle.

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
ya too many people make all sorts of complicated structures. my structures are mostly windows. and now you've inspired me to put the windows to good use. notch needs to code fish/sea life into the game

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
PiMu
The grass in you video extends to the sides... I still have that bug where the grass is only on the top of the blocks. It this a single player issue?

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
you can use the painterly pack to get grass textures that have grass on the side. I think there's 3 lengths to choose from

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
I use the Quandary texture pack, and the MrMod gives me the minimap and a nice AO renderer.

Reaction score

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
Atmosphere shot:

Behold! The Pi-aduct!

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure which bit you mean? There's a bunch of weird geometry in this area, including several free-floating bits. I've largely left it all alone, though. Everything you can see in that shot occurred naturally.

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
didnt know notch had worked in arch physics into the game. someone should model ancient rome

Vegeta897

Banned as all ****
Reaction score
I'm not sure which bit you mean? There's a bunch of weird geometry in this area, including several free-floating bits. I've largely left it all alone, though. Everything you can see in that shot occurred naturally.
He's referring to the cloud sticking out of the mountain.

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
I wondered that, but then assumed that he couldn't actually mean that, because everyone has seen clouds before, right?

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
It's so hard to tell these days. Old age, you know.

Reaction score
Looking for a way to quickly head west? Look no further than the Western Underground Waterway!

(It's not quite complete yet, however it IS worth exploring)