Inspirational quotes thread

taviow

Tank
Reaction score
So I was in kind of a very bad mood yesteday and as I cried myself to sleep I thought how helpful it would be if there was a thread where I could read motivational quotes. So guys please post yours here, I want to see you posting the most beautiful quotes I have ever read.

I'll start with a picture actually, because I think it's so emotionally powerful when there's a beautiful image along with the quote. Here's mine:

Bad^Hat

The Freeman
Reaction score
"Whenever I get sad I just stop being sad and be special instead"

-- Barney the Dinosaur

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

kineaesth

Reaction score
It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger
Pumping Iron is actually a really good documentary if you've got the time

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
:D

"My goat: you can't have it."

...random friend on Facebook.
I went on to my Facebook page to try and get a quote to use to mock you for using a facebook quote in an "inspirational quotes" thread. This was the first one I saw, and now I can't make the joke, because it truly inspired me.

For all those who advocate stricter gun laws please read this article. With less then 5% of their population has guns vs. America at 88.8%, they still have nearly 3x the homicide rate involving firearms. The simple fact is the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.
It inspired me to have my brain removed from my skull.

morgs

The Freeman
Reaction score
BETTER TO RUN THAN CURSE THE ROAD

Adabiviak

Space Core
Reaction score
I went on to my Facebook page to try and get a quote to use to mock you for using a facebook quote in an "inspirational quotes" thread. This was the first one I saw, and now I can't make the joke, because it truly inspired me.

It inspired me to have my brain removed from my skull.
That's just it - it wasn't one of those atrocious images with text that run virulently through the share-o-sphere of Facebook, she just typed it as a status update. Whether or not that expression has been played out (has it?), it works for me.

Sheepo

The Freeman
Reaction score
I feel like all the words I find inspiring come from music and are kind of ruined without context and I hate being restricted by the man and his damn thread topics so here: