I exist. As far as I know.

imadoofus

Headcrab
Reaction score
So here I am, orbiting Pluto, waiting for all the spaceships ahead of me to start accelerating, browsing Earth's internet. I've been a Valve fan for a comparatively short time, starting my addiction with Portal. Portal was really the only reason I got the Orange Box those few short years ago, but in time, I decided to look into its companion game, Team Fortress 2. Despite being what one might refer to as "teh suck," I enjoyed it. Soon, I was learning of the expansive Half-Life universe and Valve's origins. Soon, it cascaded into playing most of the Half-Life games to date. To think, when I started my journey into Valve Software, I could only guess what GLaDOS meant by "Black Mesa."

And so, I type before a keyboard, a devoted and true Gabenite, to retell what of my experience I can remember to a group of people sitting before a similar keyboard, most of whom are older than me and have far more experience than I do, almost on a whim, having finally discovered a forum built for Valve and its wonderful, wonderful games - the kind we play to this day.

TL;DR: I'm new, hi, games.

MFL

AlbatrossofTime
Reaction score
Naj, mayne, I'd just played Opposing Force. When's that Shep guy coming back?

Mogi67

Companion Cube
Reaction score
We all had school when we played and beat Half-Life bro. You don't have to lie to kick it

Reaction score
I must confess I have only finished HL1 once, and I had to use cheats in the last chapter. I feel compelled to come clean about this. (keep in mind this was HL source)

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
So here I am, orbiting Pluto, waiting for all the spaceships ahead of me to start accelerating, browsing Earth's internet. I've been a Valve fan for a comparatively short time, starting my addiction with Portal. Portal was really the only reason I got the Orange Box those few short years ago, but in time, I decided to look into its companion game, Team Fortress 2. Despite being what one might refer to as "teh suck," I enjoyed it. Soon, I was learning of the expansive Half-Life universe and Valve's origins. Soon, it cascaded into playing most of the Half-Life games to date. To think, when I started my journey into Valve Software, I could only guess what GLaDOS meant by "Black Mesa."

And so, I type before a keyboard, a devoted and true Gabenite, to retell what of my experience I can remember to a group of people sitting before a similar keyboard, most of whom are older than me and have far more experience than I do, almost on a whim, having finally discovered a forum built for Valve and its wonderful, wonderful games - the kind we play to this day.

TL;DR: I'm new, hi, games.
Well spoken, stick around a while.

Pikminiman

Assistant Writer
Reaction score
As much as I love the first Half-Life, I still can't play through the whole thing without cheating. I didn't start playing video games until about 2010, so all those older games with much steeper difficulty curves still murder me. BUT I am working on getting better.

*under my breath, speaking to self*
do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve...

Vegeta897

Banned as all ****
Reaction score
As much as I love the first Half-Life, I still can't play through the whole thing without cheating. I didn't start playing video games until about 2010, so all those older games with much steeper difficulty curves still murder me. BUT I am working on getting better.

*under my breath, speaking to self*
do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve, do it for Valve...