how to know you TOTALLY OWN AT PORTAL

Dr0ndeh

Reaction score
i think theres genuinely something wrong with your brains brick.

The Brick

Reaction score
Improved my chamber14 speedrun. WITH SLOWMO OMG COOOOOL

[youtube]_2qiGe-OYLc[/youtube]

bbson john

Tank
Reaction score
It is great. But I suggest your posting another video that is without slowmo, in order to be consistent with your other records.

spunge

Reaction score
damnit!! I tried it that way but I just couldn't get it :mad:

WP

D

Darkfire6247

Anyone good at all 3 types of tests. Brick? Have you beaten the game 100% on achievements.

I beat all achievements yesterday. but im sure someone already has. I was happy i did it. It wasnt until after completing all the achievements that I looked to see if anyone else does it fast like me. And Brick definantly does. I just see no steps tests from brick. I honor [Companion] Brick.

spunge

Reaction score
The steps ones annoy me because they're almost always getting in and out of the lift.

To the brick, I think I've got chamber 14 in 4 seconds :) need to make fraps stop lagging me.

edit: I've got 5 using this method but I've only tried it a few times. I *might* be able to get 4 if i keep trying

The Brick

Reaction score
Haha, yeah I know of a different way, but haven't tried it yet. I just prefer harder ways like this. :D

And thanks darkfire. I don't really like the steps ones. I might do them once I deplete all possibility of improvement on the time and portal runs. I don't really care for the achievements.

Para

Reaction score
So, when are we going to see a speedrun of the actual game instead of challenge maps? And you already know the rules for that, no slow-mo trickery or automation scripts :)

spunge

Reaction score
slow mo trickery? lol

I've found two ways, one gets 5 seconds, its similar to yours but with one less portal - only using one orange that remains near the lift. But you lose the fling into the exit that yours had :[

I got 4 using an infinite fall kindof method from the start of the chamber.

The Brick

Reaction score
slow mo trickery? lol

I've found two ways, one gets 5 seconds, its similar to yours but with one less portal - only using one orange that remains near the lift. But you lose the fling into the exit that yours had :[

I got 4 using an infinite fall kindof method from the start of the chamber.
Hah yeah thought of that too. I might give it a try for fun, but it's not as challenging as mine :D

spunge

Reaction score
The other challenge maps aren't too good for speed, I might try the android one

Nitre

Spy
Reaction score
Probably been done before, but here's 17 with no portals:

[YOUTUBE]DuoyKGy3jLc[/YOUTUBE]

Tyguy

Space Core
Reaction score
Someone actually JUST posted that, but if you did that on your own, nice job

The Brick

Reaction score
Actually Dekstar did that a few hours after release hehe. And I made a vid of that a day later. Posted in this thread.

Nitre

Spy
Reaction score
Ah well, i'm never going to get anything first anyway. I suck too much. Making videos is fun though.

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Yay I'm going down in the history books for doing something first \o/. My reaction speed is never going to be as good as Brick's when it comes to time challenges though.

wilka91

Reaction score
I did chamber 15 with 11 portals. Is there a video showing how to do less?

D

Darkfire6247

I havent gone back to perfect my least step gold runs. But these are my scores for the chambers for the first time i got golds.

Chamber 13: 10
Chamber 14: 10
Chamber 15: 38 (found a trick to skip a lot of the map..ask me to explain more if you want...this one has got to be a world record for this chamber)
Chamber 16: 38 (lol, exact same amount as last chamber..weird)
Chamber 17: 149
Chamber 18: 84

I just came on to this forum for the first time today, and i see a few people talk about "wall-strafing" to get much fewer steps. Can someone explain to me about this. How to do it?

Para

Reaction score
slow mo trickery? lol
You apparently have tried playing just about any fps game with 0,2x speed or so. It's _easy_, you can literally dodge bullets while meleeing everything down without taking a hit.

we11er

Reaction score
You apparently have tried playing just about any fps game with 0,2x speed or so. It's _easy_, you can literally dodge bullets while meleeing everything down without taking a hit.
hmm, there are slowmo console commands, but then the challenge would say "CHEATER" at the end. So I don't think anyone has been using this.

spunge

Reaction score
What are the commands? Wanna try some stuff out in slow mo

I remember SOF having this back in the day, that was sick

we11er

Reaction score
What are the commands? Wanna try some stuff out in slow mo

I remember SOF having this back in the day, that was sick
I can't remember now, but I used them in the original HL2 to mess around. Google is your friend.

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
host_timescale 1
that's to make the game run at normal speed.
0.5 is for half speed
2 is for double speed.

sv_cheats need to be on.

DEATHMASTER

The Freeman
Reaction score
So I finally just beat all the bonus stuff and this is what I get

C

Carbon14

just wondering, does anyone know if ther achievments are different on the 360? I cant imagine how impossible the time challenged are with a controller o_O

Para

Reaction score
just wondering, does anyone know if ther achievments are different on the 360? I cant imagine how impossible the time challenged are with a controller o_O
The achievements are the same but by reasoning the time ones should have a few extra seconds to them. Skillful controller users can do quite insane things with those two analog sticks.