Halflife2.net Minecraft Server Discussion

Pi Mu Rho

ValveTime Admin | Enemy of fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll see about doing one tomorrow. Uploading them is a major pain in the arse.

pilot7893

Reaction score
Ever since the upgrade to Beta, I haven't been able to join the server. The same thing happened when I first tried connecting, so I guess it has something to do with the whitelist?

comradesean

Reaction score
Ever since the upgrade to Beta, I haven't been able to join the server. The same thing happened when I first tried connecting, so I guess it has something to do with the whitelist?
It'll specifically say not on whitelist if that's the issue. comradesean got removed for some reason :(

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
I just hang on the Logging in... screen forever when I try to join.

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
I just restarted the server - should be working now.

MuToiD_MaN

The Freeman
Reaction score
My client keeps crashing despite a meager draw distance. Oh well. I was besieged by a creeper while inside a giant wooden horse, so iag.

EDIT: I'm sure it's my underpowered work machine that's providing the issue ... oh hey boss ...

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
There will be if it crashes or otherwise negatively impacts the server.

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
is there a rule against blowing up a gigantic ball of TNT?
1: Duping doesn't work anymore, so good luck getting enough together to do that.

2: why would you waste TNT on that?

3: That would trash the landscape and royally piss off any neighbors you might have.

There are only a few things that are absolutely forbidden, everything else is either approved or denied based on how annoying it is to the other server members.

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
Getting TNT is remarkably easy now, actually. I made a monster spawner/killer that provides copious amounts of feathers, arrows, string and sulphur. Just /warp temple to see it.

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
The Temple is pretty amazing. I think we should put a stature of a creeper in the temple and monster proof the warp zone so people visiting it don't get mobbed at night.

Sheepo

The Freeman
Reaction score
Hey, I haven't played in a few weeks, could I get whitelisted?

Name: sheepops

Higlac

Companion Cube
Reaction score
The Temple is pretty amazing. I think we should put a stature of a creeper in the temple and monster proof the warp zone so people visiting it don't get mobbed at night.
Yeah, I tried to check it out last night, but died immediately since I've got 30 seconds worth of lag to do anything.

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
I safeguarded the temple entrance a bit. Should be a bit safer now.

comradesean

Reaction score
Haven't played since patch and haven't been able to log in since I'm apparently not on the whitelist. Can I get back on there? Thanks

Name : comradesean

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
So what's multiplayer like? Haven't touched it.

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
I'm curious. How active is the server? The most I've seen on in the past few weeks is three and there doesn't seem to be much constitution in my area (other than the temple). Most project sites around me haven't changed in weeks. Where is everyone?

We haven't had a map render in forever and I'd like to see where people are building.

Higlac

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Well, I would play if it weren't for the crippling 30 second lag.

MuToiD_MaN

The Freeman
Reaction score
By contrast, I lagged no balls when I was connected. Though I did get repeatedly killed by an invisible skeleton...so at least I had that going for me.

Higlac

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Well, it's not really lag, it's only when I try to talk, use chests, craft things, use a furnace, or use chat commands that I get horrible lag. Chat that I type takes sometimes 45 seconds to appear on screen.

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
Sometimes I have no lag, other times it chugs really bad for a bout 30 seconds and then gets better. Sometimes the Avatars of other players are invisible. I've been pretty lucky. I haven't been hit by lag when facing hostile mobs yet. I do hope that the upcoming updates will reduce this. Moving the server might also help.

Edit:

Because the Nether Gates don't work do you think we should have a Nether Kit?

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
Haven't been on in weeks, do portals work in MP yet?

I remember hearing about how you could build an obsidian and glass base around your portal and it would transfer over to the nether and protect you while allowing you to observe. Whenever the nether works, I think we should totally put some thought out plans into building some shit out there. It could be quite fun, like a research team going into HELL.

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
No, Nether portals still don't work.

I've started to get a connection refused messages.

Also, the tool health bar no longer works right and the durability glitch has stopped working as well. I think we should make the Basics kit accessible more often.

Pi Mu Rho

Staff member
Reaction score
The durability glitch was fixed in the last update, and it was exactly that - a glitch. I think one set of diamond tools every 24 hours is excessively generous. If you run out, make some tools yourself!

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
perhaps, but Maybe the server community should decide what is too much generosity.

How many admin does our server have?

MuToiD_MaN

The Freeman
Reaction score
Balls are being lagged atm. Frequent "I mine this block." "No you didn't .... alright I guess you did" type stuff.

EDIT EDIT: How come no one else is on the server anymore?

MuToiD_MaN

The Freeman
Reaction score
Sorry for the double-post but I had to bump. Pi, is there a chance you could restart the server? The mobs are starting to act really ... glitchy. Glitchy, invulnerable, and indifferent. It's like they don't even care anymore :(

<RJMC>

The Freeman
Reaction score
multiplayer still crash and lags like **** to me so I havent joined lately

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
So, I haven't been able to get on since the update. Are will still waiting for the server or is the problem on my end?

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but what is going on with there server? I haven't been able to get on since the update, and this thread is nearly dead.

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like things are going too well :(

Higlac

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I can't even get on minecraft.net. Though I think that's an issue with my ISP.

lord_raken

Tank
Reaction score
Now I'm getting a "connection refused" message.

That's a change from the very strange error message I have been getting.