Flat-Out

jAkUp

Reaction score
Man I am just really excited about this game, about 6 years ago I was a HUGE Destruction Derby fan, mainly the realistic vehicle damage, etc. I was also a pretty big fan of the Driver series. Now, although Flat-Out does not have a "bowl" style match from my understanding, it does have a few interesting gameplay modes, such as one mode where you must fling your driver out of the car, and try to hit a bullseye... interesting :)

The physics are incredible, the damage looks great, I played it at E3 in the nVidia booth and the graphics were stunning :) I am really looking forward to this game.

Check out this 28mb trailer! The damage and physics model is incredible! Parts of this trailer look near photrealistic:
Official Trailer Here

Its coming for X-box, PC, and PS2 in fall :) Really, the graphics I saw at e3 were amazing.

Also check out the official site:
www.flatoutgame.com

Also some screenshots:

Ch1cKeN

Reaction score
looks pretty cool. Pretty smashy smashy effects. I might give it a try, but for now its running over hookers in Vice City for me.

Reaction score
one of the few driving games I'm looking forward to, and I agree it looks very good.

it's lacking pedestrians that you can nock into though...

mrchimp

Reaction score
Looks good, did you play the PC or Xbox version?

un0x

Reaction score
wow, looks very nice! Im keeping an eye on this one :)

The Brick

Reaction score
that guy flying is actually the driver flying out of his car. That's a feature in that game; if you go fast enough and make a frontal hit, ur driver flies through the front window... but i can't see the window broken.... :)

Punzz

Spy
Reaction score
Looks like a good driving game (dont look forward to any usually). That last pic is crazy :D

CrazyHarij

Reaction score
Wow, this game looks like one to watch, I love destructive rally-games :D

Reaction score
half alive said:
that guy flying is actually the driver flying out of his car. That's a feature in that game; if you go fast enough and make a frontal hit, ur driver flies through the front window... but i can't see the window broken.... :)
Maybe its a guy he ranover?

jAkUp

Reaction score
mrchimp said:
Looks good, did you play the PC or Xbox version?
I played the PC version at e3... only for a brief moment though, it was pretty hectic over there :D

ShadowFox

Reaction score
Man, Destruction Derby was an awesome game. The sequal wasn't bad either. Looks good.

Reaction score
Does FlatOut have a track editor? I've never read an article about it that mentions it, and neither does the official site.

I'm wondering about that because I used to love Stunts, and have been looking for a newer replacement for a while. Trackmania came close, but it's 'car vs car' racing was rather limited (mostly time-based racing). The game that seems to come closest is Crashday, but it looks a lot farther off than FlatOut.

But I suppose I'll have to wait. Destruction Derby didn't have a track editor either iirc.

On a sidenote, the "driver-flying-out" screens make me go HAR HAR HAR, so I'll be playing this game anyway.

The Brick

Reaction score
Jack_Karverboy said:
Maybe its a guy he ranover?
no because i'ts not a carmageddon like game. just a very spectacular stockcar racegame (i'm not sure about that 'stockcar' though).