- May 16, 2004
- Reaction score
ZT posted about this on facebook, but not on here because he doesn't like to share cool things with us.
Some of the Art on display at this Airport.An apocalyptic horse with glowing red eyes welcoming visitors? Check.
Nightmarish murals? Check.
Strange words and symbols embedded in the floor? Check.
Gargoyles sitting in suitcases? Check.
Runways shaped like a Nazi swastika? Check.
The airport was built in 1995 on 34,000 acres. Its construction forced the Stapleton International airport to shut down, although it used more gates and runways than the DIA. The initial cost of construction was 1.7 billion $ but the final project elevated the bill to 4.8 billion: 3.1 BILLION $ over budget. Numerous irregularities have been reported regarding the construction of the site:
- Different contractors have been hired for different parts of the airport. They’ve all been fired after their job was done. This lead observers to believe that it was a strategy to make sure nobody had the full scope of the project.
- 110 million cubic yards of earth have been moved, way more than usually required. This arose suspicion of construction taking place underground.
- 5300 miles of fiber optics were installed for communications (USA coast to coast is 3000 miles in comparison).
- Fueling system that can pump 1000 gallons of jet fuel per minute. This amount is totally absurd for a commercial airport.
- Granite imported from all over the world even if the project was already grossly over budget.
- Construction of a huge tunnel system (trucks can circulate in them) and underground trains. Most of those aren’t used at the moment.