"Day of the Dead" Remake

Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
865
Reaction score
0
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462248/

wow - he wants to continue on with the series. Im just kinda shocked by this, but dawn of the dead remake did rake in the appropiate cash. Some people didnt really care for this 3rd film in the dead series and Uwe Boll is executive producer on the project... But I believe this works. I think it will be really good and looking forward to it now with some of his creative input like in dotd.
 

Ren.182

Companion Cube
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
6,009
Reaction score
29
Sweet. I actually liked the Dawn of the Dead remake. I'm looking forward to this.
 

Garfield_

Newbie
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
2,584
Reaction score
0
Ya Dawn of the Dead remake was great, the plot on this one sounds sweet, cant wait to see it :D
 

joule

Tank
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
6,801
Reaction score
0
OH MY GOD PLEASE No........... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
6,938
Reaction score
2
Comedy? Wtf? Day of the Dead was not a goddamn comedy.

As long as Boll doesn't do any directing or creative input, this should be pretty good. At least as decent as the Dawn remake. I guess I'm happy. As long as Snyder doesn't mess it up with bullshit fast zombies. Day of the Dead was the best Dead movie in the trilogy.
 

gick

Newbie
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
2,104
Reaction score
0
I loved the DotD remake, so im actually quite looking forward to this, as the original was my favourite of the four movies.

Anyhoo, whats wrong with fast zombies? I think they're a lot more threatening than your average shambling zombie.
 

Lucid

The Freeman
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
14,882
Reaction score
38
Meh, Guess I'm one of the few that hated the DotD remake.
Felt too mainstreamed, and stereotypical at some points.
The gore was nice... and the effects and zombie make-up...
 

Absinthe

The Freeman
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
14,040
Reaction score
26
DeusExMachinia said:
As long as Snyder doesn't mess it up with bullshit fast zombies.
They were in the Dawn remake. What makes you think this will be any different?

Any way, I liked the fast zombies and I thoroughly enjoyed the last film.
 

Icarusintel

Newbie
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
5,302
Reaction score
0
Didn't enjoy the Dawn remake
Day was the least good of the original trilogy
I predict this will suck
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
6,938
Reaction score
2
Absinthe said:
They were in the Dawn remake. What makes you think this will be any different?

Any way, I liked the fast zombies and I thoroughly enjoyed the last film.
Did you see the original? Half the movie takes place underground. Fast zombies would just kill the entire experience. The movie could be over in an forty-five minutes.
 

Absinthe

The Freeman
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
14,040
Reaction score
26
I'm suspecting they will take some liberties with the script and make it feasible. To suddenly not include the fast zombies wouldn't make sense.
 

Ennui

The Freeman
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
22,704
Reaction score
112
This is interesting. I loved the DotD remake.
 

Ren.182

Companion Cube
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
6,009
Reaction score
29
Maybe rigormortis doesn't kick in for a while in this universe of remakes :p
 

Sparta

Newbie
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
6,312
Reaction score
0
Absinthe said:
They were in the Dawn remake. What makes you think this will be any different?

Any way, I liked the fast zombies and I thoroughly enjoyed the last film.
Ditto. I thought it was just a great little action horror movie. Don't really expect zombie movies to be anything but that. I mean, when i go to a zombie movie i'm looking for tons of violence, some tension and a few cheap scares.

And fast-zombies are way cooler then slow zombies.
 

Absinthe

The Freeman
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
14,040
Reaction score
26
Sparta said:
And fast-zombies are way cooler then slow zombies.
You are one of the few people I've met that have agreed on that.

I saw the original movies and I spent more time laughing/bitching/getting bored at the slow zombies. Give them some speed and aggression, damnit!
 

Icarusintel

Newbie
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
5,302
Reaction score
0
Absinthe said:
You are one of the few people I've met that have agreed on that.

I saw the original movies and I spent more time laughing/bitching/getting bored at the slow zombies. Give them some speed and aggression, damnit!
They were stupidly implemented in the Dawn remake, much better in 28 Days Later, I mean, at least they made sense there

Slow zombies make more sense if you think about it though, they're decompising, so of course their movements would be deteriorating and shambling seems far more appropriate than running, besides, while fast zombies bring instant fear, slow zombies bring overwhelming tension and a constant dread
 

Absinthe

The Freeman
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
14,040
Reaction score
26
Icarusintel said:
Slow zombies make more sense if you think about it though, they're decompising, so of course their movements would be deteriorating and shambling seems far more appropriate than running, besides, while fast zombies bring instant fear, slow zombies bring overwhelming tension and a constant dread
You're trying to explain in scientific terms why the slow zombies make more sense. Umm... hello? Dead people walking? It's not like we're going for accuracy here. :)

Meh, I never got any tension from the zombies in the Dead trilogy.
 

Sparta

Newbie
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
6,312
Reaction score
0
Icarusintel said:
They were stupidly implemented in the Dawn remake, much better in 28 Days Later, I mean, at least they made sense there

Slow zombies make more sense if you think about it though, they're decompising, so of course their movements would be deteriorating and shambling seems far more appropriate than running, besides, while fast zombies bring instant fear, slow zombies bring overwhelming tension and a constant dread
My logic says that anyone who thinks fast zombies are lame because the movie doesnt explain the science behind them, needs to remember its a f*cking zombie movie and not Mythbusters or something with David Nyie or whatever he's called.
 

Icarusintel

Newbie
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
5,302
Reaction score
0
Sparta said:
My logic says that anyone who thinks fast zombies are lame because the movie doesnt explain the science behind them, needs to remember its a f*cking zombie movie and not Mythbusters or something with David Nyie or whatever he's called.
it was Bill Nye - you had no childhood
well sure, there's a suspension of disbelief in zombies being real, but somehow i don;t think every zombie should be a damn olympic runner
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
6,938
Reaction score
2
Icarusintel said:
it was Bill Nye - you had no childhood
well sure, there's a suspension of disbelief in zombies being real, but somehow i don;t think every zombie should be a damn olympic runner
Goddamn right.
 
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
865
Reaction score
0
I think theyre trying to appeal to the young crowd that doesnt know about the dead triology before and the classic zombie style, so im ok with it if it has the isolation and desperation to survive effect from the original films.
 

kaf11

Newbie
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
2,102
Reaction score
0
no one should be complaining about more zombie movies. the dodt remake was entertaining, i look forward to this.
 
Top