The New "unlock" system

Discussion in 'Team Fortress' started by MorganFreeman911, May 22, 2009.

1. B_MAN

B_MAN Tank

this.
    it'll be interesting to see how they implement the "trade" system though

saw my first afro demo last night :p

2. alpha incipiens

I think you're referring to the whole point of having unlocks to begin with? That is, they create new and interesting content and give the player an actual reason to come back to a game that, previously, they already knew all the ins and outs of.

3. Sheepo

Sheepo The Freeman

I enjoy unlocks being used as a means of rewarding play, but when I lose control of how I recieve them and am absolutely dependent on an invisible system that could never give me unlocks, that sucks. I was excited for these unlocks and have no way to go about obtaining them. Hell, I think I enjoyed TF2 more before the update. Now 50% of me is saying "Okay TF2 is fun and I'm playing it, hooray!" and the other 50% is saying "Boy, I wonder if this Dead Ringer strategy might work, come on unlock system!/Heh, that guy has Jarate, why the hell don't I have one?!" Sure it has merits, but there has to be a better way for this to work. Also, Valve uses community feedback to make decisions, all good companies do.

4. Jintor

Jintor Didn't Get Temp-Banned

Every 2/3/4 hours = Random roll of dice to determine what you get + no re-gets until you have everything = satisfied Jintor

5. Operational

Operational Newbie

Not quite. The system doesn't look at your average time Valve looked at every one's average playtime per day to decide how often things are dropped.

6. kazsymonds

Cool, not as completely gay as i thought then, still gay tho...

7. -Psy-

-Psy- Walking round in women's underwear

8. g0d

g0d Newbie

I'm sure this has been said before but Valve should bring back the old unlock system and keep the new one. That way old/experienced players aren't screwed waiting for a lucky unlock and newer players have somewhat of a "learning curve" if you can call it that to keep them interested.

9. The-Virus

The-Virus Newbie

I think it's pretty good, but they REALLY need to get rid of duplicate items. I could have had a few new weapons and hats by now if they wouldn't just give me items I got months ago.

10. OmegaX

OmegaX Tank

Another 'effin sandvich...great.

11. MorganFreeman911

I have a dupe of almost every old unlock, but I have the razorback and all spy update items. It's nice.

12. Gorgon

Gorgon Newbie

i have all the spy updates, and old weapons too. but non of the new snipers weapons

13. MorganFreeman911

Thank god for Valve listening to the community, eh? We can FINALLY get those items. Now for the hats...