Taking forever to login to account [possible Fix]

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Mr. Redundant, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Mr. Redundant

Mr. Redundant Newbie

well since I got the full game it's been taking me literally ages to login to my player account.... I mean bad like sometimes it takes 6-10 minutes.

I copied and pasted my account from the demo into my BF2 profile directory (so I didn't have to redo all the controls etc)

tonight I thought what the hell, I moved my account (001) out of the directory and retrieved it using the ingame account management.

now it takes me about 4 seconds to login with my account.

just thought I would share the info in case there are any others out there that did the same thing.

(I did this for two accounts that I copied from the demo, and both login without any hesitation now)

2. CTTcrew_MrBlue

Make sure you dont click the "Play BF2 online now" shortcut and use the "Battlefield 2" one.

If you use the play bf2 online now one when you log in it takes forever trying to find an appropriate server, I recently worked out that this was my problem :D

3. Dalamari

Dalamari Tank

I like how it auto-finds a server, since it usually does

4. swiss

swiss Newbie

Thanks Mrblue, now I know why it took me ages to log in..I always clicked on BF2 online now, and it would automatically join a server and take ages.