Stuck in Ravenholm

Discussion in 'Half-Life' started by Frosty_boy, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Frosty_boy

Frosty_boy Guest

I've activated the lever that moves the platform and have got on the rooftops and stepped across to the catwalk that falls down. Now I'm just running around that area and can't go any further. Any suggesstions most appreciated.

2. Ch1cKeN

Ch1cKeN Newbie

I'm stuck at the same part, THere are various zombies below and I've just talked to father gergori and he says something along the lines of "Oh you're going the wrong way go to the church" blah blah blah.

3. zapper

zapper Newbie

i was stuck at that same part, i really don't remember how i got passed it, but i just ran around for about 30 mins until i found where to go.

4. Ch1cKeN

Ch1cKeN Newbie

right. That doesn't help.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Companion Cube

Send a screenshot. I will help you.

6. Ch1cKeN

Ch1cKeN Newbie

will do, give me a second.

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Companion Cube

All right thanks sir.

8. Ch1cKeN

Ch1cKeN Newbie

sorry about the double, the 15 min rule.
    *edited*

Heres the place that doesn't seem to have any exit
    [​IMG]

Heres the doorway where Gregori was standing telling me that i'm going the wrong way.
    [​IMG]

Heres the inside of the house
    [​IMG]

If I follow that downstairs I find myself outside at this courtyard where I can't get out of.
    [​IMG]

If you need more pics Just ask.
    I apologize for the quality, I have a CRAP COMPUTER

9. Shamrock

Shamrock Companion Cube

All right. On the last picture in the courtyard, walk to the LEFT of the fence. There is an opening there. By going through there leads you to another doorway down the alley.

10. Shamrock

Shamrock Companion Cube

In the house, did you go up the ladder? After you go downstairs, you have an option of going left or going to a large room with a ladder in it. Try taking a right instead of left. Then you will go upstairs and you will have to kill a couple of headcrabs.

11. Ch1cKeN

Ch1cKeN Newbie

and down that alley leaves me on a zombie infested street, I've managed to kill all the zombies and make my way on the rooftops... But I'm lead back to the same freaking apartment place.

...which leads me back to that courtyard.

my problem is not being able to get out of the first general area in the first screenshot.

edit: the headcrab bit i've done, I don't see nothing up there but headcrabs a couple bits of throwable stuff.

12. Shamrock

Shamrock Companion Cube

Read the last post of mine. You managed to miss a room in the house. If you walk down to the bottom of those stairs, there will be a room to your right and you have to climb the ladder that is in that room. That will lead you out of that area.

Edit: Go through the doorway that is in that room up there. You have to go up into that room kill the headcrabs, after that there will be a door on the RIGHT wall. You go outside of that door then I think a couple of FAST zombies come at you. So be safe.

13. Ch1cKeN

Ch1cKeN Newbie

right, i'll take a second look.

edit: thanks for your help so far. Alot more than i'm getting out of those HL Fallout people.

edit again: right, very good. Thanks again, I find myself feeling bit of an idiot but its done. Thanks.

14. ship

ship Newbie

Could someone help me out?

I'm stuck at the part right before that. I can't seem to find a way to get up onto the rooftops to jump onto the platform - which I have already activated.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. :)

15. Shamrock

Shamrock Companion Cube

All right.. Do you see in the way back of Chicken's first screenshot. You are able to climb boxes to the right of the last building. Its right after the building where you pushed that lever. Then once you go to the boxes you jump up on them and then you will reach the top of that building. You will then have to jump for the top of the building to the ledge straight ahead. There is a ladder there and you are able to climb that and go to where he is.

16. Ennui

Ennui The Freeman

lol god i played through ravenholm two or three hours ago, I was stuck at that point for like an hour. When you're on the rooftop and father gregori talks to you, you can jump onto something from there I think, I don't really remember that well.

oh yeah, don't EVER play ravenholm at night in the dark by yourself with headphones on, I was freaking out.

17. Lazz

Lazz Guest

I made that mistake :hmph:

I decided to play it at night because of course you don't have the glare coming through the window (or blinds) which you do in the day time. I played it at 11:30 pm at night with my headphones on and I nearly jumped off my chair when I thought everything was clear but a zombie smashed through some wood right next to me.