stuck at the very end of the game (spoilers, don't read if you haven't completed it)

Discussion in 'Half-Life' started by The Dark Elf, Nov 17, 2004.

1. The Dark Elf

The Dark Elf Newbie

Don't highlight this if you haven't completed it, that goes double for moto-x_pat who doesn't seem to grasp that.

So, at the end, Breen is in his bubble and he's slowly going upward. But what the hell do you do?. I've used up those beam/ball things near the bottom, which in previous cases turned things off.. but didn't seem to do much this time around, I've got to the top, pulled those flap things down, even blown the pieces around the very top of the beam/cylinder thingy he's traveling up by using the balls from the two larger beam things at the side. Sometimes a portal opens showing the combine homeworld, sometimes nothing.. But in all cases he escapes and it reloads

I've even resorted to using cheats for weapons just to try do something, but nothing ever works.. is there some lame switch you gotta pull or something?

What in gods name are you supposed to do? :(

2. Griever

Griever Spy

Shoot the metal bits away from the top of the portal using the energy balls, and then shoot a ball into the white stuff.

3. heffergod

heffergod Guest

Hehe, here's a good chance for a first post :)

ANd, as I am new, and don't know how to do spoiler text, don't freeking read my post beyond this point. Seriously. You've all been warned.

Ok. THis is what I did, in this order. I smashed the spinny things around the portal, then proceded to smash the gunships (both using the little orbs from the beam). After this, I shot an orb into the portal. Then shit got wierd :) Hope this helps!

4. The Dark Elf

The Dark Elf Newbie

aha! thank you! :D

Seems the problem was some weird bug, what with the portal sometimes and sometimes not appearing, so I had been doing it right, just it hadn't been appearing correctly. From what I can tell some trigger where you walk sets it off and I'd been missing it somehow or not triggering things fully or something weird, since at one point even Breen was shown falling down out of his bubble. Maybe it'll get fixed in these famous patches that steam is supposed to improve having. Especially towards the end where doing it over and over again had finally driven me to cheating. Anyhoo that seemed to do the trick, atleast all the attempts at firing at something that wasn't there was good target practice :D

Cheers :):)

5. The Dark Elf

The Dark Elf Newbie

Yep.. seems the problem for me was a bug..
    Heck that time there were no gunships, the other times there were, and then times without the portal, some with..
    I coulda completed it all in one day if it hadn't been for that silly bug.. damn it hehe :)

Now to go back and play it again :D:D:D

Ta everyone!