Stalkers? *cries*

Discussion in 'Half-Life' started by aquabelic, Jun 3, 2006.

1. aquabelic

aquabelic Newbie

Looking through all the teaser screenshots and videos I was eager to actually fight the Stalkers. Yes they make apperances but you don't seem to actually get in contact with one where they can unleash their madness in close combat.
    It was either on the train, they could not touch you, and the appereances at the beggening of the game always had them be behind a glass wall, way to war for close combat, and you didn't really have any weapons other than the gravity gun when you actually fought them.

:borg:

I just wish you could be close to them to give a smack or two with the crow bar...
    Hope they make a better apperance in Episode 2. :imu:

2. Immacolata

Immacolata Guest

Release their madness? ROFL, look at them dude. They have laser beam eyes pew pew pew but apart from that, LOOK AT THEM! Thin, molested and maimed, broken down wearing undies. IF you thought you were going to _FIGHT_ hordes of stalkers... well I hope you were the only then :)

3. Megalomaniac

Megalomaniac Newbie

Yeah, i was hoping to fight an onslaught of stalkers too...

4. Asknoone

Asknoone Newbie

Who'd want to slaughter tortured human slaves? All they can do is fire a relatively weak laser beam at you. It's hardly madness. Seriously, look at them. Valve portrayed them perfectly.

5. Megalomaniac

Megalomaniac Newbie

Hello! Look at the head crab zombies!

6. Sufferin-rebel

Headcrab stalkers? Now thats an idea :p, even though the Headcrab would die from Malnutrition :p

7. Megalomaniac

Megalomaniac Newbie

Lol well stalkers are being controlled by an outside source anyways, it would be interesting.

8. Zephos

Zephos Companion Cube

That "weak" beam killed me once :(

I thought they were shown as "mad" in the crashed train sequence, with them screeching and screaming...

9. kupocake

kupocake Tank

Having played against them in Missing Information, I have to say that the Stalkers in Episode 1 were pulled off better. They were hardly a bundle of excitement, but in MI they were just comical.

Unless later episodes take us deep within Human-Combine territory, I doubt we'll see them again though.

10. SFLUFAN

SFLUFAN Newbie

You're supposed to feel pity for the stalkers, not want to kill them. Look at Alyx's emotional state whenever she speaks about them, she's sad and angry at the same time. Even in the one sequence where you're forced to kill one, she isn't happy about it.

11. hasan

hasan Newbie

Exactly ..
    I wish we don't have to fight them.