• Pyro Upgrade Dated and Meet The Sniper Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Evo, Jun 16, 2008.

<div align="center">[IMG]</div>
    Word reaches us from Rock, Paper, Shotgun regarding the release dates for the Pyro Upgrade and the latest 'Meet The' with Meet The Sniper.
    Tuesday at 11am PDT/7pm GMT Meet The Sniper will be released to the waiting public. RELEASED - see video here: MEET THE SNIPER
    Thursday will see the mega-Pyro changes occur whereby players will be able to procure 35 new Pyro-specific achievements and earn three new unlockables. We can also expect to see two new user-created TF2 maps appear in this update.
    All this leads up to Friday which will see the launch of a new Free Team Fortress 2 Weekend. From 11am PDT/7pm GMT on Friday anyone and everyone will be able to play Team Fortress 2.
    Picture and information from Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
    Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Evo, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Que-Ever
    They promised a pyro update on thursday.
  2. GM)Paravin.
    In the official Steam news, they have written, that along with the Meet the Sniper, a website dedicated to the Pyro update will be launched.
  3. -Psy-
    That's been moved to tomorrow. Probably because of huge strain been put on their servers at the moment. :p

Source.
  4. Cavalry
    Best of the Meet The_____ series thus far.
  5. kanaka
  6. deathcheckedin
    new pyro gun is in the video as well as a hint that Valve may bring back the citizen for VIP (bobblehead)
  7. Polaris
    Yep mate, he really looked like VIP from TFC!
  8. CyberPitz
    I won't say it's the best 'Meet The' video, but damn if it wasn't AWESOME.
  9. Combine_Advisor
    the video is a tough compeditor for meet the demoman
  10. LackingSaint
    Awesome. The music did it for me, as well as the psuedo-britishness of the Sniper (yes, I know he's australian, but he acts like a brit).
  11. Laivasse
    Replaces Meet the Heavy as my favourite.
  12. Tagaziel
    Australians are exiled Brits.

And yes, it was mofuggin' awesome, best one in my book. Some really good jokes in there.

Show Spoiler
    "Dad, uh, I'm a... not a crazed gunman dad, I'm an assassin!"
    "Well the difference bein', one's a job, the other mental sickness!"

Also, noticed the jars of piss when he's waiting for his prey?
  13. PriNcE oF SpAcE
    Grizzly mentioned the jars of urine, so I'm gonna skip that and point out that the new pyro (primary/secondary...I'm thinking shotgun replacement...mainly because I don't think they will change the flamethrower that drastically(although I wouldn't mind really))weapon is showcased in this video... looks like we'll get an incendiary launcher of some sort.

[IMG]
  14. LackingSaint
    Be polite.
    Be efficient.
    Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I like how Valve are opening up to the fact that maybe the Team are not just killing machines, just doing their job. Although the Sniper really seems like the only class so far who understands his actions.

Anyone know which map the video is centred in? I don't recognise it.
  15. PriNcE oF SpAcE
    yup.

I'm thinking it might be the shotty replacement... a single shot(then reload) version of the scouts scatter gun, and it lights anyone it hits on fire. or maybe a normal kinda shotty where crits will set people on fire instead of double damage.
  16. Tagaziel
    Possibly a new one, I don't recognize it either.
  17. Beerdude26
    Show Spoiler
    "I think his mate saw me."
    *BANG*
    "YUP, he did"
  18. ellimanest
    I think the part were he snipers the pyro is the beggining of goldrush, 3rd stage. The demoman bit is probably not from a map.
  19. ZachAttack
    The jars of piss kill me.

Best one yet.
  20. PimpinPenguin
    Best one so far, and i absolutely loved the music.
    Can wait for the next one, whatever that will be.
    Lol, i just realised the sniper drives a camper, figures he would
  21. leib10
    My new favorite.
  22. Irondude
    [IMG]

Hello Civilian!
  23. Headcrab Pie
    Also, in the first few seconds you can see the Headshot Icon on the Road sign.
  24. TwwIX
    Harhar! They keep getting better. Give us an animated movie, Valve.
  25. saratos
    Yeah, this is Pixar quality all the way. Also: WOOT FLAREGUN!

Also: in the beginning level with the Demo, is that, by any chance, a custom map?
  26. Planetary
    They get better all the time. Won't bother repeating what everyone else has said, but there's only 3 left now! :(
  27. Chabo
    Pretty sure they've said that the "Payload" maps are the replacement for Hunted, as it doesn't rely on a single player for the attacking team to win. I think the bobblehead was simply a nod to the citizen character.

With the "I think his mate saw me" part, I liked the camera movement -- ie, handheld-style, as if a cameraman from a documentary series had to move QUICK.
  28. deathcheckedin
    console download able content now!!!
  29. Lucid
    I don't see them stopping their.

They'll probably do a Red vs Blue type series.
  30. Blackthorn
    I thought I couldn't love Valve more than I already did, but my God they've done it again. If they were a woman I would not tell them how I feel every damn day.
  31. Que-Ever
    I can't decide which is funnier- the demoman getting the bottle in one eye, and that's where the eyepatch comes from, or him getting it in his one good eye.
  32. deathcheckedin
    i think it was the one good eye
  33. Que-Ever
    I guess that's what leads to him uh, blindly shooting grenades off and falling into an explosion.
  34. Headcrab Pie
    His good eye. He lost the first one when he was 6.

How? 4 words.

Loch Ness Monster. Explosives.
  35. Que-Ever
    Actually, he lost it sometime after he went to university or something. He lost his adoptive parents when he was six.

edit, checkit- A fierce temper, a fascination with all things explosive, and a terrible plan to kill the Loch Ness Monster cost the six year old Demoman his original set of adoptive parents. Later, back at the Crypt Grammar School for Orphans near Ullapool in the Scottish Highlands, the boy's bomb-making skills improved dramatically. His disposition and total number of intact eyeballs, however, did not.
  36. Headcrab Pie
    Hmmm...it never actually specifies when he lost it, so thats open to debate.
  37. Que-Ever
    believe what you will.