Nvidea/ATI and now alienware

Discussion in 'Hardware & Software' started by kickass2009, May 5, 2004.

1. kickass2009

kickass2009 Newbie

Nvidia/ATI and now alienware

What your guys opinion i just found this on gamespy and it came as a complete suprise to me.

2. Reven

Reven Newbie

hmm...intrusting....ooo the suspense

3. Direwolf

Direwolf Newbie

Hehe....Kentia Hall. The slums of E3. :D

4. Xtasy0

Xtasy0 Guest

well, it's not a videocard, don't know why the topic compares alienware to ati/nvidia.....

5. The Dark Elf

The Dark Elf Newbie

It's a computer thats actually worth the money instead of overpriced hashjob. A new concept for Alienware...

6. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Newbie

lmao, I saw a thing about it (didn't say more thna that) in pcgamer....... myguess: a light fanless case (unlike voodoo's) that has some super-auto-overclocker in it. sorta like tyhe feature on ATi's XT cards, but for ram/processors

7. Death.Trap

Death.Trap Tank

*Prays*

My god, I customized a comp on alienware.com once; 14,000 USD. omg. They have the most overpriced shit. It's not even funny.

[To Xstasy0]

How do you know it's not a video card?

8. Xtasy0

Xtasy0 Guest

well i wish i had some super duper source to quote, but sadly all i have to go on is common sense.

alienware doesnt manufacture components, they build systems, there is no way they magically produced a videocard without letting anyone know before now.

9. Top Secret

Heh, I don't want some program overclocking my video card or my CPU. I'll do that myself. Hehe

10. kickass2009

kickass2009 Newbie

I was reading through the new issue of pc gamer and there was some more information about whatever it is that alienware is doing. Here is exactly what is says in the magazine.

Im assuming that they mean 50-70% increase over the ATI 9600 and higher or the Nvidia 5800 or higher, not the card just released in the last couple weeks.

I also heard somewhere that Nvidia has about 2000 chips that are used in its geforce 5's that can be clocked a lot higher then was originally intended. Is it possible that alienware is using those and just clocking them a lot higher then rates spec. This would explain why pc gamer said that the systems would be limited production.

11. Death.Trap

Death.Trap Tank

Why would they have to tell anyone? I'm not saying that it is a video card, but whatever it is, it's aimed towards gamers. The most likely thing I can think of would be a vid card. We'll probably find out after e3 though. But, chances are it will cost about 400 dollars more than it's worth.