Louis CK: Live at the Beacon Theater

Discussion in 'Literature, Films, Music, and Comics' started by Bad^Hat, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Bad^Hat

Bad^Hat The Freeman

I know there's a lot of Louie fans here, so I figured somebody should post this for the two people that didn't already see it. He just released a new stand-up video on his website, you pay $5 to stream or download it. (He says you can "watch all you want" but it's actually limited to two streams and two downloads, which is okay because you'll only ever need to download it once since it's completely DRM-free, but be forewarned. Video's in 720p, looks every bit as professional as any of his retail videos.)

Anyway, it could be the best ****ing thing he's ever done, outside of his show. I was in tears for much of it. If you liked his previous stuff you owe it to yourself to check this out.

https://buy.louisck.net/

Couple of outtakes from his channel, they're nowhere near as good as the stuff he left in but still okay:

2. Vegeta897

Vegeta897 Banned as all fuck

Really, really funny. Probably his best show yet.

3. Krynn72

Krynn72 The Freeman

Awesome, didn't know about this. Awesome delivery method too, so **** yeah I'm buying it.

4. TwwIX

TwwIX Tank

He's by far one of the best stand ups that we have at the moment. He reminds me of George Carlin and Billy Connolly. A wonderful storyteller and just naturally funny. A rarity in stand up.

This is a rather ballsy move of him to offer a whole new act just for a couple of bucks. I will be more than happy to support him. :)

5. Bad^Hat

Bad^Hat The Freeman

6. Dan

Dan Tank

I bought it, haven't watched it yet though.

7. Ennui

Ennui The Freeman

I heard about this and his response to it and was considering it, so I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger and get it. Louis CK is probably my favorite living comedian.

8. Dan

Dan Tank

Watched it. Some funny bits, some filler bits. I didn't LOL at any of it though. About half of the jokes are about masturbation. I don't think I would pay more than $5 for it.

9. Bad^Hat

Bad^Hat The Freeman

If you subscribed to his mailing list you already got this, but he mailed out a summary of how the special's done in terms of what he put into it, what he got out of it, and how he ultimately feels about the approach. Pretty enlightening stuff, and I'm really glad it worked out for him so well. (Holy shit hang on I have to fix his terrible formatting, shit's all wordwrapped...)

10. Vegeta897

"The development of the website, which needed to be a very robust, reliable and carefully constructed website, was around $32,000."

lolwut

Well I guess I know who to work for after college.

Also, it always weirds me out when I find out a recorded show like that was actually 2 different performances cut together.

11. Dan

Dan Tank

It's not the simple interface, it's the back end that can keep track user payments and deliver up fast bandwidth for all that download traffic.

12. TwwIX

TwwIX Tank

13. Vegeta897

Well that's something different. He didn't say 32k for the site and the hosting, but I guess it makes more sense if that's what he meant. In that case serving up a 720p video to that many people probably would cost that much for hosting/bandwidth.

14. Krynn72

Krynn72 The Freeman

I'm sure thats what he meant. When people say "website" they usually mean everything together. Hosting, interface, etc.

15. Bad^Hat

Bad^Hat The Freeman

He didn't even know what torrenting was so, yeah, that's probably what he meant. :)