lightbulbs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dedalus, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Dedalus

Dedalus Newbie

umm ok..

got home from work, was fairly bright outside. had a shit, shave and a shower. sat down and read about the 'fools gold' stuff, surfed the net etc. fairly humdrum.

so it started getting dark, so i thought i might as well do the curtains and turn the lights on...

all the lightbulbs in the house are out.

i flip the switch, the filament snaps, fizzles, lets out a flash of light and doesn't turn on. it's like that in every single room. feckin freaky.

they're all argon based bulbs so i dunno whether it has something to do with that. i bought them all from BNQ (general DIY store), so i dunno whether it was just that batch that were faulty or whether there's something weird going on in in my house.

i've tried replacing them, i've checked whether there's a voltage in the wires...everything is A ok.

i think i've been playing too much Doom 3 to be honest :(

i am scared ;(

2. Beast206

Beast206 Newbie

Start looking for guys in hockey masks, or glowing red eyes! :eek:

3. CrazyHarij

CrazyHarij Newbie

Demons are gathering. Prepare yourself. :devil:

4. baka-raven

baka-raven Newbie

actually it was me.. ive made that batch of lightbulbs.. and see i needed to pee, so i peed inside them.. thats why to just fizzled :p

5. LittleB

LittleB Newbie

Wow I wish my light bulbs would do it all at once

6. Deadline

Deadline Newbie

We bought those wierd lightbulbs that last like 8000 hours or soemthing, take them like 1 second to warm up and turn on when you flick the switch though, but they get really bright.

7. lePobz

lePobz Tank

probably a temporary surge in your area.. plus theres all that gook about the sun giving off inteference that can cause electrical stuff to blow up randomly over the next few months.

8. Farrowlesparrow

Sounds like a fuse blew to me...
    Have you checked the fuse box? :)

9. JimmehH

JimmehH Spy

Yeah.
    When a light bulb goes in my house it trips a circuit breaker and you have to reset it before any of the lights will work (on that circuit - there's an upstairs and a downstairs circuit).

10. Dux

Dux Newbie

Whats that scratching on the Window?

11. outpost

outpost Newbie

I've been spotted!

12. Farrowlesparrow

Phew...For a moment there, I thought he was talking about me....

Wait..***n!

13. Immortal

Immortal Newbie

Thats my bet, always happens in my house, too many lights on at once and then they all go out

14. B.Calhoun

B.Calhoun Newbie

In my ghetto house we cant have the toaster oven and the iron on at the same time before the circut breaks.

15. Farrowlesparrow

Heh...Yeah. Especially when one light blows though.

I remember a while back, I blew out a fuse. I was just playing around with an old radio in my room. I thought I would cut the plug off. However, I didn't notice that there was another wire the same width and colour going from a vacuum cleaner in the corner of the room to the plug in the wall. Now...This plug was turned on, and I was holinding completely metal wire cutters. So, I grabbed the wire, and cut through it. The moment I cut through it, all these sparks just flew out all over the room and there was a weird noise...kinda like the noise they use for flashbangs in films and stuff. So yeah, it popped out all the fuses in the house. I don't know why I wasn't electrocuted though, because really between me and the electricity, there was only a piece of metal. Not the best insulator :)

16. Dedalus

Dedalus Newbie

well..the fuse box is fine. i didn't have any lights on when i first turned one on. i managed to find one of those energy saving bulbs that don't use filaments or argon or nitrogen or anything, so at least one room is lit. guess i'll have to go out tomorrow to get some more.

i checked with my neighbours, their are all working fine. and no, the stingy bastards can't spare a single bulb :frown:

although i did bump into an imp on the way downstairs. yeah, he was just reading the paper while waiting to use the loo. i went in there after he'd used it and phew! what a stink! used 3 cans of air freshner. god what do these guys eat!

17. Immortal

Immortal Newbie

Human flesh :eek:

18. ductonius

ductonius Newbie

All the talk of dark and scary and lights going out just reminded me of this PA cartoon.

19. AlaskanStewie

AlaskanStewie Newbie

Heh Thats funny =]