Leaked HL2 vs Retail HL2

Discussion in 'Half-Life' started by nacentaeons, Jan 3, 2005.

1. nacentaeons

nacentaeons Guest

Ok this probably exists somewhere but i have searched the forums here. Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive list of the different levels that where in the leaked hl2 and not the retail version?

I am asking this as it may give an indication to what to look forward to in the expansion pack, i know rasing the bar mentions a few things but has any one actualy played the leaked version played the ice breaker level etc. which maybe where in the leaked version (i am guessing)

2. Frank

Frank Newbie

I'm gonna have to close this

3. ZeeM

ZeeM Newbie

1. Shooting with pistol does not light the surroundings
    2. Correct me if I`m wrong but as far as i remember, if you applied pressure to a barrel, it bent

4. B-MAn

B-MAn Newbie

really?! i wonder y the took that out

5. ZeeM

ZeeM Newbie

There was also a nice weapon concept called "hopwire" if I`m not mistaken. Altough I never understood why it was useful for :p

6. Shadow][

Shadow][ Spy

lets see

Docks
    Traptown (ravenholm with combine and combine zombies)
    Kleiners lab w/ strider
    Antartica Boat Level
    Barracade with Barney
    Much more
    Hydra enemy
    Cremator Enemy
    Combine Aliens
    Combine Guard
    Combine Assassin
    More Scanners
    Assassin Enemy
    More Zombies
    More Stalkers
    Different combine soldiers
    Guass Gun
    OICW
    Ice Axe
    Sniper Rifle
    Hopwire
    Guard Gun
    Stun Baton
    Physics Gun with beam
    Mine Gun
    Headcrab or Snark launcher
    Cremator Head (now in Eli's lab as that "Thing" in the green jar)
    Flare Gun
    Fire extinguasher
    Thumper
    Molotov
    AK47
    SMG1
    SMG2
    SMG3
    Some other machine gun
    Enforcer (alyx's gun)
    Annabelle (gregoris gun)
    about 10 more weird cool gadget weapons + vehicles
    More good important people like Cohrt, Odell, Samuel <-- *first person you meet at trainstation*
    More bad important people
    Whole different ending
    (cough)more in raising the bar (cough)
    And more that was never shown

7. Skie

Skie Guest

I was actually thinking of posting something similar.. anyway..

there was a level on a ship and a dock level, that you may have started off on...

there was a level, that look a lot like the ravenholm one where you first see the fast zombies... but instead combine chase you into the building.

later in that level, there was a trap you could trigger where a huge beam would swing down and kill the guys below.

8. Xenome

Xenome Newbie

Are you serious? Was all this in the leaked alpha?
    I thought only the e3 levels, and about 30 other unfinished maps..

Whole different ending? The alpha didnt even have a story..you could just load different maps.. right?

9. Shadow][

Shadow][ Spy

It was valves idea, but before they started working on some maps they changed their mind, thats why so much thing looks unfinished in the beta or in screenshots

10. Lahire149

Lahire149 Newbie

I think that list refres to the E3 videos...because in my copy of the leak there weren't that many things. But, i might be mistaken.

11. shoman24v

shoman24v Newbie

Coast remains the same. Blah, worst level ever + Canals and boat

12. luketabor

luketabor Newbie

i was actually considering looking for the leak again just to see what changed, but i'm not sure. i think i may have some CDs of it laying around somewhere.

and before people start judging me for it, 95% of you downloaded the leak and you know it. i bought it legally when it came out, so absolutely no harm done.

13. Absinthe

Absinthe The Freeman

Supposedly you were to start off in the frigate, but it didn't make sense in the alpha. The Icebreaker was full of stalkers (that were, at that time, fast screaming ****ers with scythes and lasers) and you were essentially trying to navigate an inferno. Seemed a wee bit difficult.

14. Chris D

Chris D Administrator.
    Staff Member

Don't be so ridiculous.

15. shoman24v

shoman24v Newbie

I bought it so I dont care. I support the software! :E

16. Absinthe

Absinthe The Freeman

I'm also considering checking the alpha out again. Particularly the sound files I kept myself from hearing.

17. diluted

diluted Newbie

Yeah, same here. I downloaded it about a month before HL2 came out, played it for about 2 hours then deleted it, because it kept crashing when I tried to load most levels. Only a few didn't crash. Is the Borealis in the leak or not?

18. Shadow][

Shadow][ Spy

also barracade was suppose to be in the game, like where you fight striders with barney as he says "Remember when black mesa was as bad as it can get?" and you see citizens running away from something saying "STRIIIIDEEEERR!!!" and that one guy picked off the letters off the building to throw em at the strider

valve cut those a long time ago and they only finished what they showed in e3

In the game you really didnt get to play at that part since you were absent from the 1 week teleport to kleiners lab, but barney fought the combine by himself and with some of the rebels. although you team up with him much later

19. shoman24v

shoman24v Newbie

The level where you throw the F and U doesnt work...ugh.... I wish I know how to make levels and such... :hmph:

People are trying to make the game playable tho...

20. diluted

diluted Newbie

I must say I was disappointed that the scene from the strider bink video didn't make it in the game. That was my favorite video out of them all. I loved the atmosphere of the eerie, almost-deserted street, and you turn the corner and a huge strider crashes through a building, sending resistance members running for their lives. It looked AWESOME and I wish Valve would've included that in the final game, but oh well. :(

21. shoman24v

shoman24v Newbie

All those videos were ment to do was overhype the game.

And they did a good job at that.

22. luketabor

luketabor Newbie

:eek:

I remember that one place where the stalkers pretty effectively **** you up.

Now I want to reinstall just to mess around with that part. Maybe someone will make a mod that adds those old levels. That would kick butt. Even if they're not balanced and didn't work in the final game, I know they'd add a ton of replay value for me.

23. diluted

diluted Newbie

People are already porting those leak levels to HL2, a few of them are on hl2 world.com 's download section. They have the docks level (only one zombie in this map, but the map is so nice looking) and the hydra level (theres no hydra in it though, and at the end Alyx speaks in G-man's voice :p)

24. Moto

Moto Tank

Wanna know something funny about that level? (e3_strider)

If you go up to the building with the UMF on it, only the F and the U will come off of the building, the M is stuck on there. Most likely it is because when the person was making the bink demo, he didn't want to accidentally take the M off and have to record another demo. :LOL:

Also, you can blow that catwalk up with a grenade. Oh and if you walk all the way down the street, the world just stops and there is nothing there. The same thing goes for the street that the strider walks down...if you go down it and turn right, there's a big, orange, un-textured wall.

25. shoman24v

shoman24v Newbie

lol yeah. check out the traptown bink video. right when gordon picks up the box, look off in the distance where the combine soldier appears, he just pops into the map.

26. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Newbie

I must be a member of this hypothetical 5% who respects intellectual property laws.

27. Dekstar

Dekstar Companion Cube

Haha, me too.

Wouldn't mind seeing those levels, mind.

28. TheSomeone

TheSomeone Newbie

So will all these be back in an expansion pack? Such as the hydra? I looked so forward to that and was decieved. I hate hackers.

29. DESSTROYER

DESSTROYER Newbie

"Half-Life 2 Leak mod, bringing all the half life 2 cut weapons, levels, items and enemies, back to the offical game. DOWNLOAD NOW!" :LOL:

30. Parabolart

Parabolart Newbie

What my friend told me when he downloaded an old leak.. from like a year ago.. was that when you pick up stuff with your hands.. it's actually in your hand. It looked shitty on some objects and you could only pick up small things like bottles and cans. I wish they could make that for counterstrike or something.

31. shoman24v

shoman24v Newbie

I don't know what version your friend had.....

32. Dekstar

Dekstar Companion Cube

Actually the cut hydra was... Cut (Damn) from the game because the guy who got it working thought that even though it looked amazing and everything, when fighting it, it just looked stupid. A big blue blob attacking you, 'Oh noes! I'm sc4444r33d!' :p.

33. shoman24v

shoman24v Newbie

How are you going to kill water? Shoot it? (It was made out of water right?)

34. Shadow][

Shadow][ Spy

or you can just throw something like electricity in the water (water conducts electricity) and everything in it including the hydras would fry and you would see this huge thunder snake doing its final strike just inches from your face until it disinegrated, too bad valve didnt come up with it

kind of like fighting the worm boss in oppossing force