Just finished HL2

Discussion in 'Half-Life' started by Combine Hybrid, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Combine Hybrid

And just like what everyone said, the ending sucked plus confusing. I'm wonding if City-17 along with Citadel got blowned into pieces, and what happened to Breen? Did he teleported into the combine world or no?

2. Artie_Bucco

Artie_Bucco Guest

My guess is the citadel collapsed but did minimal damage beacause if it collapsed much of it would have fallen in the huge pit that surrounds it.

3. jupface05

jupface05 Guest

I don't know why you would say it sucked...sure it was a cliffhanger, but hell it was more intuitive and orginal than "hero saves the day and live hapily ever after" It makes me want half life 3 NOW! yet I could play HL2 over and over til it comes

4. Combine Hybrid

Anyway, what happened to Breen???

5. Platinum

Platinum Newbie

dude, no one knows ...

6. Sid Burn

Sid Burn Newbie

Nah... as Dr. Breem said before dying... destroying the portal will also destroy the main reactor w/c will cause a chain reaction that could destroy half of City 17. :borg:

7. alex_tripp

alex_tripp Guest

yeah, it COULD destroy half of City 17.... that also means it might have only destroyed a 1/4 of City 17 but also means it could have destroyed more thne 1/2 i guess

8. DeusExMachina

the ending didn't necesarrily(sp) suck, it was just extremely anti-climatic. All that work you do, all you had done to that point, finally you win...then your pulled away. Now, the reason it doesn't completely suck is because it fits in with the G-Man's ways of doing that. But still...very anti-climatic. It would've been better if they hijacked a dropship and flew their asses out of there. Cliche? Perhaps. But then, it would've been like Alyx: Gordon, its not over yet. There's still more cities to liberate. All over, Resistance members are already taking arms and fighting the Overwatch. Our first stop is City 14. I was looking through some of Breen's files and found out that the Combine have been keeping something very interesting there...

And then time could freeze and G-Man appears. G-Man: Well Mister Gordon, you've done quite a job if I do say so myself. Heading to City 14 eh? Well, you'll have time to go there later. There's something more....important down below. Then time comes back. Alyx: What the...the dropship's engines just failed! And then you crash onto land and pop out. You find yourself on a hill. And down below lies hundreds of Ant Lions....

Now THAT is an ending.

9. ilovemetal

ilovemetal Newbie

i think the ending also ate shit w00t nothing else to it

10. Asknoone

Asknoone Newbie

Theres no evidence to say he died, and he wasmost likley bluffing

11. NB.

NB. Newbie

I dont now why but i cant stop laughing at this.

12. Danimal

Danimal Companion Cube

After beating Breen, you keep looking at the bubble and it is glowing. I thought he got destroyed in all ways possible and ways that seem to be impossible. I could no clip into the bubble but I can't be bothered

13. bliink

bliink Newbie

Breen was killed. You were not, you are not meant to know about Alyx. How is that hard to comprehend?

14. Sid Burn

Sid Burn Newbie

well, most people says he died... none can survive from that explosion... unless he managed to teleport. well, about the destruction of City 17... yeah maybe he was just bluffing... well, we will never know until HL3. :cool:

15. Reginald

Reginald Newbie

My radical theory is that Gman saved everyone in the building/city. How could he pick the lint off Alyx of she wasnt in the same place as Gordon and Gman at that time?

16. Asknoone

Asknoone Newbie

he wasnt killed, i emailed marc laidlaw on the subject and he replied with the following:

How hard is that to comprehend?

I did also, he remains inthe bubble and just continues to drift down.

17. Reginald

Reginald Newbie

^ Yet another piece of information to support my theory.

18. Max35

Max35 Tank

It wasn't lint, it was a bubble gum rapper...duh :thumbs:

Seriously, I think Breen has survived merely to play a passive, yet important role in HL3, much like the Combine Advisor. I'm guessing because Gordon destroyed the teleport, he was taken somewhere off-hand, to be more radical, he could be in a teleport no-man's land right now, much like Gordon. But able to advise Earth's remaining Combine forces, err....something like that.

19. Dirk Pitt

Dirk Pitt Newbie

Maybe Breen is under the control of the G-man as well. . .

God damn i love this game. . . how many other games have thousands of people still debating over their storylines after the playing is done?

20. Asknoone

Asknoone Newbie

I doubt that, due to the fact each and every thing they do is against each other.

21. Max35

Max35 Tank

Yeah, but maybe he gave him a choice similiar to yours, serve or die, thats assuming Breen survived after you destroyed to core reactor. Dr. Breen has shown himself to have "potential" by first managing Earth's surrender and then being the Administrator for the thousands of humans that remain, so maybe the Gman is thinking he could still be of some use.

22. Asknoone

Asknoone Newbie

I think breens to busy with the combine, thus rendering him an enemy to gman.

23. Narcolepsy

Narcolepsy Newbie

To some other game than Half-Life, that would be an incredible ending. That's simply not the style of Half-Life.

24. dj_flameskull

dj_flameskull Newbie

the gman wouldnt have stopped the time and put Gordon back to sleep if he didnt complete his mission . Therefore, there is a big possibility that Breen blown to bits n pieces. :smoking:

Just a thought: maybe G-man also got impressed by Alyx's skills. So therefore he may have also offered her to join the crew.

25. Asknoone

Asknoone Newbie

Agreed, to a game like far cry or something looking through files would suit it....half life 2 is much more sophisticated than that.

26. Sid Burn

Sid Burn Newbie

So... HL2 is far more better that Farcry? I hope YES! :smoking:

27. Asknoone

Asknoone Newbie

Yes, half life 2 is far superior to far cry :)

In my opinion of course...