Welcome to ValveTime

The number one place on the internet for Valve game discussion, news, and a community full of the best Valve fans.

how to import MDL in hammer?

Discussion in 'Game Modifications' started by phrack, May 17, 2005.

1. phrack

phrack Guest

how i can import model *.mdl in my map with hammer?for example if i want to put tree.mdl how i can put it in hammer?
  2. it depends on the model...

A tree would be by placing a 'prop_static' entity into your map and finding the tree model from the valve models into the 'world model' property.

There 'prop_physics' (and slight variations of it), 'prop_dynamic'..etc.

The best thing to do is experiment, some are fairly obvious though...
  3. phrack

phrack Guest

but i don't have prop_static or prop_physics in hammer?how i can put it?is any plugin or what?
  4. it's in the point entity list...

If it's not then there must be something wrong with your version of Hammer.
  5. phrack

phrack Guest

hey were i must to search?i search on proprietes...were i must to search?I`M E NEWBIE>..
  6. The point entity tool is circled in red. The entity list will appear where the blue circle is.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the property box for a prop_dynamic but it's the same property in a prop_static...select 'World Model' and the click browse...you'll have to search for the tree model yourself in the folders that pop up. I have no idea where it is.

I really recommend going over to a site like www.interlopers.net and reading a lot of the tutorials over there...
  7. phrack

phrack Guest

ok..thank you...but what about fdg?were i can download a god fdg for hammer were is prop_static?
  8. you mean fgd. It's already included with Hammer.

The if you click on the point entity tool, circled in red on the picture above, then select the bottom drop-down list where the blue circle is above there should be a 'prop_static' in there. Place that somewhere in your map, and select it's properties, you'll be given a similar window to the other shot I've shown above.

A lot of basic things like this are explained on a lot of tutorial sites. You should read through them as a lot of them will answer these sorts of questions :)
  9. phrack

phrack Guest

i know that but there i no prop....i try hammer 3.4 then 3.5 an a some fgd but i isn't THE prop anywere..................................i don't find a tutorial were to explain how to put the prop_static or dynamic there...
  10. Are you using Hammer that comes with the Source SDK?

Or did you download it elsewhere?
  11. phrack

phrack Guest

at about it has hammer editor 3.4 SDK..were i could download a god hammer?
  12. You need to download the Source SDK, it should be at the bottom of the Play Games menu in Steam.
  13. phrack

phrack Guest

why source?is for counter source ?i want for counter 1.6 i will download the program to see it..thanks
  14. If you're making maps for CS 1.6 then you can't import mdl's into your maps as props...or at all as far as i remember.
  15. phrack

phrack Guest

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
    if i make a map in source i can modifi it to work in counter 1.6?
    THANKS FOR ALL./.
    must be a metod to import mdl on my map :angel:
  16. The Half-Life 1 engine doesn't support it, so no. Sorry.
  17. phrack

phrack Guest

but how in other maps for counter 1.6 are maps with models?
  18. Mapster

Mapster Newbie

lol coudl see that coming
  19. me too...

Can you show me a screenshot of a 1.6 map with these 'models'?
  20. phrack

phrack Guest

but there is more MDl like tree.mdl and big_tree.mdl and is there ...but they aren't use in any map or what?
  21. Do you have a screenshot?
  22. phrack

phrack Guest

what screenshots?try a map with trees and more...cars...What is your point?that aren't use this models in a map?if i delete tree.mdl then the map didn/t make errros?
  23. I don't even know what you're talking about anymore...
  24. Mapster

Mapster Newbie

add some pictures of what the map looks likewith or withor the tree.mdl
  25. phrack

phrack Guest

ok..if i want to use the tree model from cs_jungle how i can put it in my map with hammer..?sorry for my english
  26. WAR_Nuker

WAR_Nuker Newbie

wait if you are editing for cs 1.6 what are you doin here? im not sure but i think these forums are strictly for source editing. as for your question....i dont know....i never did editing for hl1 or cs.