Half-Life 2 Motion Blur

Discussion in 'Half-Life' started by Alexel, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Alexel Guest

I'm getting sick (probably motion sickness) from playing Half-Life 2 and I think it has to due with the motion blur when I'm looking around in the environment. Is there any option or console command to disable motion blur in the game?
  2. cyk Newbie

Message Count:
    Are you playing the PC version or the 360 version?
  3. Cavalry Guest

if the 360 version,hit the XBOX guide menu button on the middle and select personal settings,from there,you should select games/gameplay/display(not 100% sure what its located as) and you should have an option to reduce blur
    I had the same problem in EP.2 when driving the Charger through tall cliffs...
  4. Alexel Guest

I'm playing the PC version, any ideas?

Edit:

Also if it helps, I have no problems playing counter-strike source for hours without feeling a thing, but for some reason half-life 2 makes me want to throw up within an hour.
  5. The Brick Newbie

Message Count:
    Just go to video options and disable motion blur? Seems pretty straightforward to me.
  6. cyk Newbie

Message Count:
    There's no motion blur in HL2. What you're probably experiencing is a common problem with HL2 and its wonky FOV. From the Valve developer Wiki:
    Sadly, because it requires you to enable sv_cheats, you can't use it in multiplayer games or for achievements.
  7. Alexel Guest

Thanks, I'll give it a try, do you know what fov CS source defaults too, since that doesn't make me sick at all?