Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Combine Hybrid, Nov 27, 2009.
Indeed it is, we chose it after all
i like how you don't have any adventures games on your list
This is a good list, but it may be a bit biased given this is a forum for Valve games.
Legend of Zelda is an adventure game.
i mean point & click adventure games - games like broken sword, grim fandango, and monkey island
Oh I'll post one aswell then in no order:
Metal Gear Solid
Shadow of the Colossus
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Hitman Blood Money
GTA Vice City
Oh noes I picked popular games! :O
We're all hypocrites.
1. The Legend of Zelda (NES, 1987)
2. Super Mario Bros. (NES, 1985)
3. Tetris (PC, 1984)
4. Grand Theft Auto III (PS2, 2001)
5. Half-Life 2 (PC, 2004)
6. Doom (PC, 1993)
7. Metroid (NES, 1986)
8. Final Fantasy III (SNES, 1994)
9. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, 1990)
10. Ms. Pac-Man (Coin-op, 1981)
11. World of Warcraft (PC, 2004)
12. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES, 1992)
13. Super Mario 64 (N64, 1996)
14. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3/360/PC, 2007)
15. Final Fantasy VII (PS, 1997)
16. Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!! (NES, 1987)
17. Chrono Trigger (SNES, 1995)
18. Resident Evil 4 (GameCube, 2005)
19. Metal Gear Solid (PS, 1998)
20. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, 1998)
21. Super Metroid (SNES, 1994)
22. Contra (NES, 1988)
23. Galaga (Coin-op, 1981)
24. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS, 1997)
25. Street Fighter II (Coin-op, 1991)
26. God of War (PS2, 2005)
27. BioShock (360/PC, 2007)
28. Diablo II (PC, 2000)
29. Half-Life (PC, 1998)
30. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (360/PC, 2006)
31. Tecmo Super Bowl (NES, 1991)
32. GoldenEye 007 (N64, 1997)
33. Super Mario Kart (SNES, 1992)
34. Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA Genesis, 1991)
35. Starcraft (PC, 1998)
36. Civilization (PC, 1991)
37. SimCity (PC, 1989)
38. Mega Man 2 (NES, 1988)
39. Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox, 2001)
40. Gran Turismo (PS, 1998)
41. Resident Evil 2 (PS, 1998)
42. Pokemon Red and Blue (GB, 1996)
43. Final Fantasy X (PS2, 2001)
44. EverQuest (PC, 1999)
45. Final Fantasy Tactics (PS, 1998) (own it)
46. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3/360, 2008)
47. Super Mario World (SNES, 1991)
48. Deus Ex (PC, 2000)
49. Guitar Hero (PS2, 2005)
50. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2, 2001)
51. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii, 2007)
52. Pac-Man (Coin-op, 1980)
53. Battlefield 2 (PC, 2005)
54. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox, 2003)
55. Ico (PS2, 2001)
56. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3, 2009)
57. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 (PS, 2000)
58. Mass Effect (360, 2007)
59. Adventure (2600, 1980)
60. Arkanoid (Coin-op, 1986)
61. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (GB, 1993)
62. Star Wars: X-Wing (PC, 1993)
63. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (N64, 2000)
64. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2, 2004)
65. Fallout 3 (PS3/360/PC, 2008)
66. Zork (PC, 1980)
67. Soul Calibur (DC, 1999)
68. Double Dragon (Coin-op, 1987)
69. Dr. Mario (NES, 1990)
70. The Sims (PC, 2000)
71. Age of Empires (PC, 1997)
72. Mortal Kombat II (Coin-op, 1993)
73. Rock Band 2 (PS3/360, 2008)
74. Tomb Raider (PS, 1996)
75. Super Bomberman (SNES, 1993)
76. Mario’s Picross (GB, 1995)
77. Ninja Gaiden (NES, 1989)
78. Command & Conquer (PC, 1995)
79. Kingdom Hearts (PS2, 2002)
80. Final Fantasy II (SNES, 1991)
81. Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES, 1988)
82. Left 4 Dead (PC, 2008)
83. Okami (PS2, 2006)
84. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2, 2005)
85. Metroid Prime (GameCube, 2002)
86. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube, 2001)
87. Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (PC, 1995) (own it)
88. Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn (PC, 2000)
89. God of War II (PS2, 2007)
90. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii, 2006)
91. Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (PS2, 2004)
92. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (PC, 2002)
93. Skies of Arcadia (DC, 2000)
94. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GameCube, 2003)
95. Silent Hill 2 (PS2, 2001)
96. Counter-Strike (PC, 1999)
97. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (SEGA Genesis, 1992)
98. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS3/360, 2009)
99. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (PS2/Xbox/GameCube/PC, 2003)
100. Portal (PC/360, 2007)
101. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (PC, 2002)
102. Heroes of Might & Magic III (PC, 1999)
103. Donkey Kong (Coin-op, 1981)
104. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3/360, 2009)
105. System Shock 2 (PC, 1999)
106. Resident Evil (PS, 1996)
107. Gears of War (360, 2006)
108. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3, 2008)
109. Crash Bandicoot: Warped (PS, 1998)
110. Halo 2 (Xbox, 2004)
111. Tetris Attack (SNES, 1996)
112. Final Fantasy XII (PS2, 2006) (own it)
113. Earthbound (SNES, 1995)
114. Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri (PC, 1998)
115. Command & Conquer: Red alert (PC, 1996)
116. Advance Wars (GBA, 2001)
117. Fallout (PC, 1997)
118. Team Fortress 2 (PS3/360/PC, 2007)
119. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox, 2005)
120. Mega Man X (SNES, 1994)
121. Lemmings (PC, 1991)
122. Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn, 1998)
123. NHL ‘94 (SEGA Genesis/SNES, 1993)
124. Warlords (Coin-op, 1980)
125. Shadowrun (SNES, 1993)
126. Twisted Metal 2 (PS, 1996)
127. Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee (PS, 1997)
128. Metroid Fusion (GBA, 2002)
129. Homeworld (PC, 1999)
130. Kingdom Hearts II (PS2, 2006)
131. Pilotwings (SNES, 1991)
132. Quake II (PC, 1997)
133. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (PC, 1997)
134. Borderlands (PS3/360/PC, 2009)
135. Final Fight (Coin-op, 1989)
136. Star Fox (SNES, 1993)
137. Madden NFL ‘99 (PS/N64/PC, 1999)
138. Call of Duty 2 (360/PC, 2005)
139. Wolfenstein 3D (PC, 1992)
140. Diablo (PC, 1996)
141. Civilization IV (PC, 2005)
142. Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle (PC, 1993)
143. Assassin’s Creed (PS3/360, 2007)
144. Burnout 3: Takedown (PS2/Xbox, 2004)
145. Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC, 2004)
146. Power Stone 2 (DC, 2000)
147. Super Castlevania IV (SNES, 1991)
148. Super Mario RPG (SNES, 1996)
149. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (PC, 2002) (own it)
150. ActRaiser (SNES, 1991)
151. Fable (Xbox, 2004)
152. Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht (PS2, 2003) (own it)
153. Asteroids (Coin-op, 1979)
154. LittleBigPlanet (PS3, 2008)
155. Crackdown (360, 2007)
156. Gauntlet (Coin-op, 1985)
157. Devil May Cry (PS2, 2001)
158. Pong (Coin-op, 1972)
159. Battlefield 1942 (PC, 2002)
160. Thief (PC, 1998)
161. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved (360, 2005)
162. Far Cry (PC, 2004)
163. Robotron: 2084 (Coin-op, 1982)
164. X-COM: UFO Defense (PC, 1993)
165. Peggle (PC, 2007)
166. King’s Quest VI (PC, 1992)
167. Doom II (PC, 1994)
168. Tempest 2000 (Jaguar, 1994)
169. Braid (360, 2008)
170. Ridge Racer (PS, 1995)
171. Bully (PS2, 2006)
172. Ikaruga (GameCube, 2006)
173. Lode Runner (Apple II, 1983)
174. Gunstar Heroes (SEGA Genesis, 1993)
175. Dig Dug (Coin-op, 1982)
176. Castlevania (NES, 1988) one of my personal favorites! 1st NES game i ever played
177. Tekken 3 (Coin-op, 1997)
178. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS, 2005)
179. NBA Jam: Tournament Edition (Coin-op, 1993)
180. Max Payne (PC, 2001)
181. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3/360/PC, 2009)
182. Samurai Shodown (Neo Geo, 1993)
183. NFL 2K5 (PS2/Xbox, 2004)
184. Vagrant Story (PS, 2000)
185. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (SNES, 1995)
186. Marble Madness (Coin-op, 1984)
187. Infamous (PS3, 2009)
188. Planescape: Torment (PC, 1999)
189. Kid Icarus (NES, 1986)
190. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Xbox, 2004)
191. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2, 2004)
192. Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem (GameCube, 2002)
193. Jak 3 (PS2, 2004)
194. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC, 2002)
195. Ultima (PC, 1981)
196. Call of Duty (PC, 2003)
197. NHL 09 (PS3/360, 2008)
198. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Xbox, 2004)
199. Tactics Ogre (PS, 1997)
200. Beyond Good and Evil (PS2/Xbox/GameCube, 2003)
shit I gotta go back to work but the bold items are ones I have never tired, yet I do own quite a few of both the unplayed and the majority of the unbolded type!
Advance Wars is great. You should try it.
I'm so glad that Infamous is on that list, but Red Faction Guerilla isn't.
The way I look at it, if you wouldn't still want to play it today, then it doesn't deserve a best games list. Some of these games are ancient, but they would still be fun to play, imo
So here we have Virus's list of gAmes for kids who can't read good. er,
[strike]10[/strike] 9 - Games that I would bring on a desert island
Centaur (pinball game)
Dungeon Master II
Street Fighter III - Fight For The Future
GTA Vice City
Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!!
Wow, I'm spending a lot longer deciding than I expected. 9 games for now.
Nice list, Ondore.
Just curious, why would you pick Fight for the Future over Second Impact or 3rd Strike?
I kinda wish they only picked one game from a series as the master of all of them. in that case the list would be like 100 long
I actually laughed out loud.
Definitive Final Fantasy - VI
Definitive Half-Life - HL1
Definitive Legend of Zelda game -
Confirmed. If you think otherwise then you are uneducated, underaged, or both.
its the game that got me into PC gaming and changed/ruined my life!!
Because it's a movie, clearly.
It actually may be a mistake.
I think that I was thinking of Second Impact. Wasn't it called huge impact or something. ****. Third strike was stupidly fast. It's 33% more spam, 33% less tactics. Animation looks stupid that fast also. I don't think it makes it more exciting the way that Hyper Fighting did to SF2.
Other changes I didn't like either.
Also, note that I have not played SF4 yet. ;(
And I'd probably change my mind on 90% of that list if I really was stuck on a desert island. I'd pick a bunch of games on ship building.
It was called Second Impact. 3rd Strike...I wouldn't say it was less tactical, but it's a lot more "guess and win." And anyway, 3S has Makoto. It is automatically the better game.
Bioshock #27? Blasphemy! Should not have been anywhere near 27. What about Battlefield 1942 which is probably the single best FPS multiplayer game I ever played?
Sorry, couldn't be bothered to look for another facepalm.jpg - one is pretty old and this is the only one I've never seen used, so...
I don't believe I've ever played that particular Zelda.
2nd Impact - Giant Attack, I think was called. That was my favorite. It had Hugo (Andre 'the Giant') and the stuff on the floor would fly up in the air when he jumped. Lol, awesome.
Makoto was the girl with the daggers? We are at odds, sir.
No. You're thinking Ibuki.
Ohhhh... Makoto. Yeah, I like her.
This is Makoto, my good man:
Yeah, shes cool. That wasn't a good showcase of her skills. I've seen some pretty amazing moves.
I've played all 3 versions of SFIII quite a bit. Though there are some things from 3S that I prefer, on the whole, 2nd Impact is much more to my liking.
I think there was much backlash about 3rdStrike from the fans (including myself), and I personally believe it is to blame (at least partially) for the huge hiatus between SF3 and SF4.
- But who knows, you could blame it on anything. Arcades closing down, the 3D graphics like Tekken starting to really take off, consoles like the Playstation 1 ...
No, 3S is probably what kept SF alive. 3rd Strike was the most popular version of SF3; before that nobody cared. I remember seeing SF3 machines left untouched in arcades. Street Fighter 3, on the whole, in all its incarnations, was a financial failure. It just so happened that hardcore players stuck around with 3S long enough to discover its intricacies and keep it alive in the tournament scene. Despite that, while the game had a following in the competitive arena, it failed in the general arena and thus Capcom was reluctant to release another Street Fighter.
You may be right, because I've never even seen anything other than 3S in the Arcades. Personally, my main exposure to 3S was on the PS1, and I was sorely disappointed in it. In fact after my disappointing experience with SFIII 3S, I stopped playing SF altogether for many years. I wasn't sure if it was that bad or if I had just burned out, because by that time, I had been playing for about 10 years.
Only recently was I able to play the first 2 SFIII iterations (like Giant Impact), and I believe that if they would have put them on the PS1, I would have continued to play SF.
It wasn't until the Xbox came along, when I was able to play Capcom Vs. SNK 2 competitively online, that I would enjoy playing SF again. And overall, it was awesome, IMO.
So now we have SF4, again with online vs. mode, and I'm looking forward to playing it soon, once I get my new computer set up.
The top game of 2004 maybe, but not of "all time" imho.
No, its right. It should definately be at the top 5, epecially if you consider the modifications for it and it being playable on low end PC's. It is arguably the best single player FPS (next to the original). I don't think there is anything that should take its place.
so yeah i still haven't cracked that game open. i'm a sucker for cheap games and when it was $10 the same year it came out i just had to have it
I based my decision solely on core content. Excluding mods and such.
When you get right down to it, HL2's gameplay is a little shallow because of it's weak AI which makes all the difference in a FPS imo. It's the suspense and action that kept me going as well as the story.
For HL2's extremely flexible engine though, it does rank a little higher. It'll run pretty much on any PC without a hitch. So long as you don't use an Nvidia card whose drivers didn't support anti-aliasing. (Valve or Nvidia never fixed this)
I found HL2 (on the hardest difficulty) very challenging in some places (and therefore extremely fun).
There was some place in [something like a prison], where you set up turrets, and the helicopter blades are coming from all sides along with troops using grenades. Man that shit was a slaughterhouse. Good good times.
When you die, you jump right back in the game in mere moments to try again, allowing you to try a different way to tackle the challenge. Harder difficulties actually make quick saves 'necessary', instead of making things easy.
Personally, I'd also put it way up near the top of the list of best games ever. So I guess that can be the final game to include in my list, but not necessarily in that order.
Halo 2 Should be on the list it is one of the best Xbox game possible for graphics and gameplay.
Also MW2 shouldn't be on the list if it is just been Released.
I agree with you buddy.
/me's monocle flies off
Halo 2 is a crime against humanity.
Ratchet and Clank not at Number 1? Bah.
But Halo 2 sucks, especially compared to Halo. Halo 2's level design is awful.
No, Halo's level design is awful. Halo 2's is just uninspired.