• Fake Half-Life 3 April Fool

Discussion in 'News' started by Chris_D, Apr 2, 2012.

As you know, we're dead against April Fools jokes which is why it is only right that we debunk one. It's just not fair to be tricked in such a way.

There is a fake URL being passed around various news sites which, when visited, looks like the Steam Store home page containing a pant-wettingly exciting image of a Half-Life 3 logo and the words "Now Available".

Capture.PNG

Sadly, however, clicking on this image takes you to this one:

gabe.jpg

It seems to be widely believed at various sources that this is a real attempt by Valve at an April Fools' prank. Unfortunately though it is clear when you look at the URL: http://store.steamppowered.com/ that it contains an extra "P".

The moral of the story? Don't be fooled. You fools.
    Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Chris_D, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Vegeta897
    Well since anyone who goes to this site immediately finds out it's a prank by clicking it (and through common sense) I don't see how anyone could remain fooled. Don't be fooled whether it's Valve's official prank or not? Who cares. Anyone who knows Valve can tell this isn't their work anyway, because they would never put something that controversial on their store front and especially not use that gabe image. Valve is a lot more subtle and tongue-in-cheek than that.
  2. MuToiD_MaN
    Indeed. I loved their Counter-Strike "realism update" from back in 2005:
  3. Vegeta897
    That's the first one I remember Valve ever making, it was so novel (to me) at that time for a game company to be so humorous.
  4. JUL3
    I agree with Veggie, that Gabe-Trollface is hardly flattering.
  5. Chris_D
    To clarify, the "fools" I refer to in the news post are not necessarily our community members. If you search Google for Valve and April Fool you will see just how many fools fell for this.

The fools are the ones who actually posted this as real news. There were still "news" sources posting this last night as if it were real.

/me facepalm
  6. Vegeta897
    I guess I overestimated people.
  7. Chris_D
    That's not like the Vegeta897 we know and love.
  8. SpotEnemyBoats
    Well, this may be fake. But there has been another official HL3 trolling by Valve employees. This was on twitter, courtesy of SPUF and Reddit.

Link