Any way to save your posts?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShinRa, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ShinRa

ShinRa Companion Cube

Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone remembers me on here, it's been a while. I was casually browsing my old posts and was wondering if there was a way to download the posts I've made in threads. I was looking at some posts I made here in 2003 that really made me crack up. Can't even believe I was the person who wrote them. I guess 14 years of aging will do that to you. Anyway, if anyone knows how I could save the posts, I'd greatly appreciate it. If any of the old timers are still around - hello :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Raziaar

Raziaar I Hate Custom Titles

You'd need some kind of tool with database access as the easiest route.

Alternatively, you might be able to script something that trawls through all your posts one by one and snags it... but that'd require some programming and knowledge of how to sequentially access your posts.

OR... the mods could just distribute the ****ing database of public area messages like some of us have wanted, to forever memorialize the good old days. THIS IS BIGGER THAN YOU!

3. ShinRa

ShinRa Companion Cube

I'm glad to see you havent changed a bit. So...why aren't the mods distributing the database? Do we know all the mods? lol

4. Tollbooth Willie

Tollbooth Willie The Freeman

5. ShinRa

ShinRa Companion Cube

This is why you get paid the big bucks. But my god, I have hundreds of threads....this is gonna be a month long project....regardless, I thank you good sir.