Welcome to ValveTime

The number one place on the internet for Valve game discussion, news, and a community full of the best Valve fans.

Animated SMB Glitch Guide

Discussion in 'Videos, Images, Flash Dump' started by VirusType2, Dec 11, 2010.

1. VirusType2

VirusType2 Newbie

http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/NES/SuperMarioBros.html#WalljumpSmb1Smb2j

[​IMG]
    I remember when I was a kid, trying to get the extra 1ups by repeatedly jumping on the same turtle shell as it bounced back and forth. I always died. :(

They need to make a guide to doing stuff like that.
  2. Unfocused

Unfocused Companion Cube

I never figured that's how it "worked". Maybe it works on Super Mario World as well? I played the shit out of it on the SNES.

Kind of "holy shit, my childhood beliefs just changed".
  3. VirusType2

VirusType2 Newbie

[​IMG]

4. Kisze

Kisze Spy

Moustache Stomp:

[​IMG]
  5. Vegeta897

Vegeta897 The Freeman

Does anyone else find the existence of this thread hilarious?

Like we're all still playing SMB and this is hot news.

Woah! Gotta try that out!
  6. Warped

Warped Newbie

I used to sit there for dozens of minutes near pipes when they'd come out and I'd get countless 1-ups. it was awesome
  7. Krynn72

Krynn72 The Freeman

Yes. I was going to say something, but I felt like my douchebag allowance for the month was being used up too quickly as it was.
  8. MuToiD_MaN

MuToiD_MaN The Freeman

This is a cool guide. I've always wondered what glitches speedrunners and custom "hard" level makers were exploiting. As a programmer, the in-depth analysis as to why some of the glitches work is also very interesting.

Should have had a 25-year-anniversary patch...
  9. VirusType2

VirusType2 Newbie

Lol, it made the news. It's the 25th anniversary of this game.

I still think the game is relevant.

Remember Pac-Man was playable on the Google banner recently and then got a bunch of new games? That was the 30th.