A Message from the Administrator

Discussion in 'Team Fortress' started by Shem, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Shem

Shem The Freeman

http://www.teamfortress.com

Did you cheat? Are you severely constipated? Check out the top twenty kill counts and make what you will of it.

2. Adabiviak

Adabiviak Space Core

lol

Seriously though, that's a little nutty. Is this an excuse to give the Demomen a consolation prize? I didn't think anyone was that driven to see a particular class win.

3. ríomhaire

ríomhaire Moderator
    Staff Member

I sure as hell was. The right man won that war. SCREAMING EAGLES!

4. Hectic Glenn

Hectic Glenn Site Director
    Staff Member

Rubbish, demoman should have won. Saying that...the boots replaced the secondary slot (same as stickie bomb launcher) so how would the demoman have jumped anyway? Launched with his grenade launcher (takes you about 4 metres).

The prize was a non-prize! Buff banner is awesome, shotgun is more useful than the boots.

5. ríomhaire

ríomhaire Moderator
    Staff Member

Plus three replacements for the stickybomb and none for the grenade would have been silly, MAGGOT.

6. nurizeko

nurizeko Newbie

Soldier won fair and square, the result was only sullied by surly cheaty types.

7. Omnomnick

Omnomnick Retired Lead Content Creator
    Staff Member

Soldier won fair and square, you all saw the daily results - Demomen were never ahead once. I doubt the Boots would have been the Demoman's unlock, it doesn't make much sense because Soldiers do alot more explosion jumping than demomen, I'm guessing it would of been something completely different.

8. Slug Advisor

Somehow, I doubt Valve held back a separate unlock simply because the soldier won.

9. ríomhaire

ríomhaire Moderator
    Staff Member

Now that I think about it, maybe the gunboats would have replaced the grenade launcher. Could be why the grenade launcher is in the second weapon slot in the loadout menu instead of the first.

10. StarBob

StarBob Tank

We'll never know...

Still... the total for demoman cheaters was higher. Doesn't mean there weren't more total Soldier cheaters but still. Demoman kills are kind of sporadic so it's hard to pick out that soldier and shoot him. Soldiers are always aiming directly and thus can focus on a demoman as a primary target even if they end up dying in the process. It was never a fair fight!